We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indra Jatra official date 2014

3 posts
1 review
Indra Jatra official date 2014

I want to visit Kathmandu this year for the festival of Indra Jatra, but the informations I found on the internet about the date of the festival are very confusing. Can anyone tell me where to look for the official date of this festival? Redards, Daniel

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
253 reviews
1. Re: Indra Jatra official date 2014

go here

www.nepalicalendar.com/index.php…

falls on sept 8th this year

Kathmandu, Nepal
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
68 reviews
2. Re: Indra Jatra official date 2014

As mentioned by neupaneaj, Indra Jatra is on September 8, confirmed.

3 posts
1 review
3. Re: Indra Jatra official date 2014

Thank you for quick answer,

Regards

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
30 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Indra Jatra official date 2014

Please Consider Nepali calender for the festive dates. And yes this year the Indra Jatra is on Sept. 8th. Hope you will enjoy the hustle and festival. It's a wild experience.

Be safe and enjoy.

Kathmandu Valley...
1 post
1 review
5. Re: Indra Jatra official date 2014

Can anyone kindly share about the daily activity schedule for this 8 days festival? Thanks

3 posts
1 review
6. Re: Indra Jatra official date 2014

I asked today at the Durbar Square office and they said that tomorow and the day after, around 16.00 the caremonies are taking place in the square (masked men dancing and Kumari going out of the house, lot of crowd, etc)

7. Re: Indra Jatra official date 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2015, 07:15