We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kathmandu to New Delhi flight on Air India

Which Kathmandu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa Bay, FL
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Kathmandu to New Delhi flight on Air India

Hello everyone.

I would like to ask your opinion. I will be staying in Kathmandu on October 17-20. My Air India flight leaves Kathmandu airport on Monday, October 20 at 3.40pm for New Delhi, India.

Scheduled arrival in New Delhi is at 5pm. Then, at night on October 21 at 3.10am I have a flight for Amsterdam, which means I'd wait at the airport from 5pm till 3am (10hours) or so.

Is it safe to do so, or should I rebook my flight to New Delhi for a day earlier? Those are two separate tickets. Any advice will be appreciated! thank you!

Kathmandu, Nepal
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kathmandu to New Delhi flight on Air India

10 hours should be enough in my opinion, if you want to be in safer conditions then just fly one day earlier. International flights are rarely cancelled and delays for only couple of hours if there is any delay. For me it's safe, if you are in doubt then fly one day earlier.

Another option will be flying to Delhi in the morning if you haven't purchased the Kathmandu - Delhi tickets, there are morning flights to Delhi from Kathmandu.

Edited: 07 July 2014, 03:01
Tampa Bay, FL
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kathmandu to New Delhi flight on Air India

@NPLGUY:

Thank you for your response. Considering I arrive to Kathmandu on Thursday in the evening, do you think there're enough things to do till Monday? I do not care about hiking or trekking, just some sightseeing... any advice will be appreciated!

Kathmandu
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kathmandu to New Delhi flight on Air India

Well it should not be a problem at all as the weathers is lot better then n the other thing to consider is if you plan on taking a flight a day earlier you need to get the Indian visa as well so don't worry bout it...as for sightseeing you can do them all within your time frame.

The day you arrive depending upon your arrival time...you might want to visit Pashupatinath n Boudhanath...always best in the late afternoons...mt Everest flight is one thing you might not want to miss out so suggest the earliest flight the second day with the tours of medieval cities Bungamati,,,Khokana and Kirtipur ..the 3rd day do a sunrise tour from Nagarkot and enjoy your breakfast amidst the views of the langtang range from the rooftop restaurants around Nagarkot followed by a tour of bhaktapur Durbar square n back to kathmandu...walk along the streets of Thamel ...lad timi ute to buy souvenirs.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kathmandu to New Delhi flight on Air India

Peter,

This is a major, busy route. You've allowed a time gap sufficient for all but the most neurotic of travellers!!

You WILL be fine.

Tampa Bay, FL
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kathmandu to New Delhi flight on Air India

Thank you ALL OF YOU for advices!

6. Re: Kathmandu to New Delhi flight on Air India

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 20:16