We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus schedules from Pokhara to Nayapul

Which Pokhara hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belgorod, Russia
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bus schedules from Pokhara to Nayapul

Hi!

Does any one know the bus schedule & frequency from Pokhara to Nayapul? We plan to have just one & very busy day in Pokhara with many things to fit in & I was wondering how late we can take a van or a taxi to Nayapul? Also, we we arrive to Nayapul lets say around 4 pm, does it make sense & how long does it take to trek up to Tirkhe Dhunga? I fear it will get us into the night.... If so, is it recommeded to stay overnight in Nayapul & the next morning proceed up to Ghorepani. Is it safe from acclimatization perspective?

If our busy schedule is not realistic, can you please advise whats the latest we should leave Pokhara to be able to trek that very day to Ghorepani? We re in our 30s, fairly fit without major health problems.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Irina

Pokhara
Level Contributor
892 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus schedules from Pokhara to Nayapul

Hello Irina S Greetings from Pokhara Nepal Please Note Flowing:

There Are Buses that Leaves every 1 Hour from 6 : Am to 6 Pm from Baglung Bus Park Of Pokhara you have to catch a bus or Micro van that goes to Baglung Beni / Kusma , to Save lots of Time & Energy just charter a Private car from Pokhara to Nayapul which are available 5:Am ~ 8 Pm. the Trek from Nayapul to Trikhedhung would takes around 5~6 Hrs . Never Dream of Staying in Nayapul as there is better Settlement of Tourist Just 30 Min Away from Nayapul at a Place called Birethanti . Next morning From Birethanti you can Trek twowards Ghorepani (Don`t Miss the 40 Min Hike from Ghorepani to POONHILL in The Morning for the Sunrise & 360 Degree views)

if it gets too late on arranging things in Pokhara you can leave early next morning like 5:Am/6

Wishing you a Enjoyable Trek

Regards

RajaPokhara.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus schedules from Pokhara to Nayapul

since it sounds like there are more than 1 of you - get a taxi - it is much faster (you get there within hour and half at most from Pokhara). and if you bargain good you can get one for about Rs1500-2000. Better yet - when in Pokhara -see if you can share with a one or two more persosn to split the cost.

your question about reaching Nayapul late does not make a whole lot of sense to me. Aren't you planning to arrive to Pokhara a night before from KTM? In such case, assuming you leave first thing in te morning after breakfast you can reach Nayapul well before noon whether you take a bus or a taxi. From there on reaching Tirkhedhunga is a breeze - gentle 3 to 4 hour trek even a grandma can do - you are not going to gain much altitiude at all. But for some reason if you reach Nayapul by 4 pm (this means you are leaving Pokhara around noon) then yes it is better of staying at lovely town of Bhirethanti as the dude above suggets - which is prettry much across the river from Nayapul and you can start next morning early. If you are adeventurrous enough though - you can start at Nayapul at 4 and still reach Hile by 7 pm or Tirkhedgunga by 7:30 pm. Trails are wide enough to follow even at dark, with no issues if you have a flash light, and is quite safe.

Settle, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus schedules from Pokhara to Nayapul

I agree with Raja - don't stay in Nyapul, Birethanti is far more pleasant. However I don't agree with his timing -. Nyapul - Birethanti - Tirkedungha is 3 - 4 hours.

Birethanti to Ghorepani would be a very long day. If you can't get away from Pokhara by early afternoon you could consider travelling to Nyapul late afternoon, and strolling to Birethanti, then the following day go towards Ghorepani, stopping at Ullieri or Banthanti. The day after that you can stroll up to Ghorepani, and perhaps enjoy the sunset view from Poon Hill.

Edited: 28 February 2012, 13:31
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus schedules from Pokhara to Nayapul

oh - one more thing - i do not suggest reaching Ghorepani from Nayapul in one day as the first dude above suggests. Can it be done - yes - with about 7-8 hr hike. But you wil gain about 5500 feet it in day and risk AMS. Take it easy - there is nobody at Ghorepani waiting with a medal to award you doing it in a day.

Belgorod, Russia
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus schedules from Pokhara to Nayapul

Hi all! Many thanks for your valuable tips! Yes we do arrive to Pokhara in the evening & the following day we first have to take care of our trekking permits in Pokhara (as we arrive to a hotel in Kathmandu only around 2-3 pm & Im not sure that we will manage to arrange them, but we will try), then we need to budget some time for gear shopping and iIdeally I personally wanted to take a paragling flight, so thats why fitting all the above things, I was estimating an arrival to Naypul/Birethanti not earlier than 4-5 pm. But now confirming that it will take other 3-4 hours of trekking from Birethanti to Tirkedungha makes me either withhold from paragliding or staying overnight in Birethanti. Sorry, I mentioned Ghorepani mistakingly. It looks like the following day the trekking leg will be Tirkedungha-Ghorepani & actually we do plan to see a sun-rise on a Poon Hill.

Belgorod, Russia
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus schedules from Pokhara to Nayapul

One more thing, guys, if you do not mind. Its a different topic, but you``ve been so helpful, so I could not help asking this:

On our way back from ABC down towards Pokhara, do you think, we can take a trail to Sarangkot and reach a paragliding base, so that I can take a flight right on spot? I wrote to several paragliding operators, but they have not replied yet.Thank you!

Pokhara
Level Contributor
892 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus schedules from Pokhara to Nayapul

In This Case OnYour Return From Trekking Drop Off @ Naudanda (25 Min Drive From Nayapul) & trek Other 3 Hrs You Will Arrive To Sarangkot Make Your Last Night @ Sarangkot & You Can fly on Flowing Morning , But Remember That You Can Not Fly With Trekking Bag So Weither you Have To Find a Taxi to Drop off Your Bags To Pokhara Hotel or Back To Pokhara From The Trek First & Do It Next Morning As The Paragliding Cost Includes To & From Transport They Will Pick Up From The Hotel You Stay With Free Of charge .., Enjoy Nepal Vacation.

Belgorod, Russia
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus schedules from Pokhara to Nayapul

I got you! Good point on backpack trasportation! Thats right! Perhaps my travel mates woud not mind taking my backpack in a taxi down to Pokhara, while I can fly down. :-) Or really we can stay overnight in Sarangkot, take a flight the next morning & drive altogether to Pokhara. Do you think we will be able to get some transport in midday from Okhara to Kathmandu?

Pokhara
Level Contributor
892 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus schedules from Pokhara to Nayapul

Hi Again / There Are Micro Vans which Leaves Every 45 Min For Kathmandu From 6 A.m to 4 Pm Regards Raja.

Belgorod, Russia
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus schedules from Pokhara to Nayapul

Many many thanks, Raja!