We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Annapurna Skyline Treck (Royal Treck) - info please

London, United...
Level Contributor
187 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Annapurna Skyline Treck (Royal Treck) - info please

We are plan to be in Pokhara in October for the 1st time and would like to do a 4D/3N treck of low/moderate difficulty. I am interested in the "Annapurna Skyline Treck" (Royal Treck in LP). There does not seem to be much info on this treck on TA. I was wondering why - Is it not very popular?

1. Has anybody done this treck? Would you recommend it? Where can I find more info?

We are not expert hickers, nor super fit, so looking for something enjoyable (4-5 hrs walking/day) rather than challenging

2. I understand October will be high season. Would it be better to organize in advance (we will need to hire tents, etc)., is this best done through a hotel? or can someone recommend a trecking company especializing on this treck (e.g. good quality tents, sleeping bags etc)

3. Can Yeti airlines KTM-Pokhara be booked online? website does not seem to be working.

How to people booked their local flights: online in advance? on arrival? (might not work in high season), via travel agents/hotels?

Thanks!

Cumbria
Level Contributor
4,876 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Annapurna Skyline Treck (Royal Treck) - info please

No Problem

The trouble with guidebooks such as LP is that the info contained in them is often out of date before they go to press – The Royal Trek being a good example as this trek really no longer exists as what was once a nice little trek has been ruined by roads – These roads having obliterated the original route.

Poon Hill or Mardi Himal might be your best option.

Booking internal flights on the net in Nepal is problematic – Best reserved through a trusted TAAN registered agent

Good Luck

Rob

kathmandu
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Annapurna Skyline Treck (Royal Treck) - info please

Hello vitzi

Yeah agree with above #1 . The royal trek doesn't exist now. There are many others that can be done in 4D/3N.

Best will be poon hill . Other options can be ghale gaun trek, nagarkot- chisapani trek. Yeah online booking of internal flight in nepal is always a problem You can book them through the trekking agency in kathmandu .

Have a safe trip!!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
187 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Annapurna Skyline Treck (Royal Treck) - info please

Thanks a lot for the useful info.

How many nights would I need to trek Poon Hill at a slow pace (4-5 hrs trek per day max)

Would you advice 5D/4N instead?

kathmandu
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Annapurna Skyline Treck (Royal Treck) - info please

Hello

Yeah i guess 5 days 4 nights will be perfect if you want to do it at slow pace. Here is the itinerary for 5 days a nights . All the days are in above itinerary are about 5 hours.

Day 01: from pokhara drive to nayapul and trek to dikhedhunga. (1 hour and 45 min drive from pokhara to reach nayapul and 4-5 hrs to tikhedunga.

Day 02 : Trek to ghorepani .

Day 03: Early morning walk upto poon hill.91 and 15 hours). You can have very good view of dhulagiri himlayan range and other mountains too. After lunch trek to tadapani.

Day 04: Trek to ghandruk.

Day 05 : Trek back to nayapul via birethnati and drive back to pokhara.

Have a safe trip.

kathmandu
Level Contributor
202 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Annapurna Skyline Treck (Royal Treck) - info please

Day 03 : Early morning walk upto poon hill. (1 hour and 15 min). Sorry i typed wrong!!!!!!!!

Settle, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
2,341 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Annapurna Skyline Treck (Royal Treck) - info please

The itinerary in #4 would meet your requirements well, though you could miss out the early morning 'Up Poon Hill and Back' bit, as you'll get very much the same view (without the crowds) as you go along the ridge eastwards from Ghorepani towards Tadapani, making that a comfortable day.

7. Re: Annapurna Skyline Treck (Royal Treck) - info please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2014, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Pokhara
Recent Conversations