We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bhutwal to pokhara travel options..

Which Pokhara hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
bhutwal to pokhara travel options..

wanted to know are there any travel options available from bhutwal to pokhara..???

if yes then

1. mode of transport -- public vs private

2. timing of buses

3. easily available or difficult.

Cumbria
Level Contributor
4,618 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bhutwal to pokhara travel options..

There are direct public busses from Bhutwal to Pokhara via Tansen – An overnight at Tansen is recommended if you choose this route.

However it might well be quicker to get a Kathmandu bus and change at Muglin, this a longer route, but the roads are a lot better.

Buses to Kathmandu and onto Pokhara will be regular and less will go to Pokhara via Tansen.

Private cars will be both quicker and more comfortable, but also a Lot more expensive

Happy Travels

Rob

Edited: 11 May 2013, 23:54
France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,425 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bhutwal to pokhara travel options..

I think the only option is travel is by regular micro van or public bus. There might be car or jeep hiring services but I have no idea. I did my trip to Lumbini with private car which was better option.

Answers to your questions:

01, I am not sure if you can find private vehicles there otherwise just catch small public micro van. Its a lot comfortable than using a bus. It's small in size with 15/16 people. If you have options to use private vehicle then its of course better than using a public transport, in another hand it's quite expensive comparing to public ones.

02, Not sure about the timing bus you will find quite a lot. I live in Kathmandu so do not know about the timings. And as I said I was using private vehicle taken from Kathmandu.

03, Public vehicle must be easier to find. Butwal is quite popular city so might have many buses and vans leaving for other cities everyday.

Good Luck!

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bhutwal to pokhara travel options..

Is the road from butwal to pokhara bad..??

How many hours will it take in public van..??

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,425 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bhutwal to pokhara travel options..

The road is fine as it's paved road. Can't remember how many hours I took the opposite way from Pokhara to Butwan via private car. I stopped in few places like Waling and Tansen on the way for sightseeing. I think its about 160 KM which will take about 5/6 hours for you in public vehicle. That is only my approximate time.

Good Luck with your travel!

nepal
Level Contributor
50 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bhutwal to pokhara travel options..

The road is paved, but in monsoon season there can be a lot of potholes and risk of landslides. It goes through hill area, so road is not straight, it continually winds around corners so takes longer than you would think just looking at km. if no troubles on road should be about 6 hours from pokhara to butwal, maybe 7 if you're in a public bus that stops to pick up passengers.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
5,130 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bhutwal to pokhara travel options..

There is a regular public bus service, every hour or so. I also like Tansen, but it's not on the road, it's a small detour.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bhutwal to pokhara travel options..

ii am travelling by car from gorakhpur to kathmandu with cousins.

if i have to go to pokhara i should get down at butwal---- or is there any better place i can get down to go to pokhara on the above route....?????

France
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,425 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bhutwal to pokhara travel options..

Depends on which way your cousins are coming. They have two possibility;

Option one: going to Kathmandu via Pokhara

Option two: Going to Kathmandu via Chitwan

If they are coming to Kathmandu via Pokhara then there is no need to worry that you can stay in Pokhara and they will go to Kathmandu. If they are coming via Chitwan then there is a place called Muglin [From here the way to Chitwan and Pokhara separates] after Chitwan. You can leave the car there are get a bus going to Pokhara. From here Pokhara is about 3/4 hours drive. It is easier to get buses or vans going to Pokhara from here.

Good Luck!

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bhutwal to pokhara travel options..

i m travelling with my cousins who are going to kathmandu..

we are coming from gorakhpur to nepal border to ktm.

on google maps it shows that you need to take a right from butwal if you need to go to ktm. and pokhara is straight from butwal..

i think i dont need to go till chitwan or ktm, i can get down at butwal and from there continue my journey to pokhara.

Ghaziabad, Uttar...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bhutwal to pokhara travel options..

hI I am planning to visit Pokhara on 10th June starting from Bhairahwa,in my own car (Maruti SX-4) wanted to know the road conditions, are the pathholes deep? i understand it takes 5-6 hrs from bhairahawa to Pokhra via Tansen, am i correct and secondly what are food option in the route. and lastly if I have to stay back in Tansen, are good and reasonable hotel accomodation available? please guide me