We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should i travel around KTM,Patan,Bhaktapur b4 go to trek

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
23 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Should i travel around KTM,Patan,Bhaktapur b4 go to trek

My first time in Nepla need advice

I will arrive KTM on 11 Nov and spend for 12days in Nepal

my plan want to go for trekking first after that will travel around KTM,Patan,Bhuktapur.

Someone advice me shouldn't do that coz after trekking i will tired and not want to walk any more.

Should I put my trekking into the end for my trip?

So i have to stay at KTM for 2 night to sightseeing about 2 and half day for KTM,Patan that is ok?

and for Bhuktapur for one night.

Then go to Pohkara for trekking.

Thank for advice

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
10,936 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should i travel around KTM,Patan,Bhaktapur b4 go to trek

Hi

I would go trekking first, rest a little while in Pokhara then do the sightseeing around KTM and the valley. The advantage of this is the trek might take a little longer than expected and there is the possibility of transport delays back to KTM which, if trekking last, could risk missing the flight out of Nepal.

Patan is a nice place but 2 1/2 days might be too much. Bhatktapur is definitely worth an overnight. Maybe be flexible about where you stay - if you like Patan stay for for two nights, if you have seen enough then move on.You have time to see lots of other places/sights in the valley. There are some suggestions in this article:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g293889-c182391/Nepal…

Good luck.

scoodly

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
23 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should i travel around KTM,Patan,Bhaktapur b4 go to trek

Thank you Scoodly for advice.

That from my first think for trekking

but when i ask friends they advice me should trekking after.

I mean 2 1/2 days are all ktm and patan i will stay in ktm and travel around valley.

And have other day on Bhaktapur or nagarkor.

Settle, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
2,344 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should i travel around KTM,Patan,Bhaktapur b4 go to trek

I agree with Scoodly on this. By all means have a day in Kathmandu before your trek, but then to ensure that you can get back with no problems with weather (particularly if you are taking an internal flight) leave your Bhaktapur visit until after the trek.

Level Contributor
65 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should i travel around KTM,Patan,Bhaktapur b4 go to trek

Hi,

I would suggest you to visit city center after trek but make sure you keep at least 2 days so you won't miss out the major attraction n world heritage sites.

Tc

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
23 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Should i travel around KTM,Patan,Bhaktapur b4 go to trek

Thank you Uhhnvi

Yes i will have at least 2days in KTM and Bhaktapur

6. Re: Should i travel around KTM,Patan,Bhaktapur b4 go to trek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2014, 05:18