We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kali Gandaki Gorge

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
62 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Kali Gandaki Gorge

I hear that there is a road to this gorge now. Can you hire a tour company for a drive here mixing with some hikes?

I am planning to come in Jan

Also is it possible to day hike around 8-12,000 feet around pokhara combing with driving?

If this does not work in Nepal..I am thinking about going to Sikkim where day hikes seems more feasible in mid level altitude in winter.

Edited: 01 December 2013, 00:16
Kathmandu, Nepal
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kali Gandaki Gorge

Hello,

I suspect you are talking about world's deepest gorge in Dana; a small place littler up from Tatopani. I think you can visit this place on your own too, you can reach Pokhara, catch a bus or taxi to Beni and hire another taxi or use a bus or jeep to reach Dana or Tatopani.

You can also reach this gorge on a trek; you will need about a week.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kali Gandaki Gorge

by some estimates, world's deepest river gorge is considered to be near village of Lete between Dana and Kalopani on this Kali Gandaki River (literally counting Annapurna or Dhaulagiri as the rim) - you can trek to Lete or take a bus. You can then hike down to the river gorge from there -

as for hiking to 8000-12000 ft near pkohara - there are numerous options

I would suggest Poon Hill trek lasting 5 days - breathtaking views of Annpurna range

all the best

Edited: 01 December 2013, 04:38
Kathmandu
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kali Gandaki Gorge

Please! read about Nepal you can do three month observing day hike & by vehicle not only Dana

Edited: 02 December 2013, 05:28
Cumbria
Level Contributor
4,876 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kali Gandaki Gorge

Agree with neupaneaj

The new Beni – Jomsom jeep road passes right through “The world's deepest river gorge” so getting there by either jeep or bus won’t be a problem.

Personally, I think the better trekking options are further up the valley – You could trek / jeep combo The Jomsom / Muktinath / Kagbeni Triangle.

Best Regards

Rob

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
5,649 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kali Gandaki Gorge

There are actually busses from Beni to Jomosom, so you reach any village in between such as Lete or Marpha and do some hiking there.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Kali Gandaki Gorge

If you want to have a trekking along with tour in Kali Gandaki Gorge then you are planning the best trip in Nepal. It is one of the adventurous trip along with fun.

7. Re: Kali Gandaki Gorge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Pokhara
Recent Conversations