We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

staying in pokhara

Which Pokhara hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
2 posts
Save Topic
staying in pokhara

I was wondering if someone could let me know the best place in pokhara where I can spend my holiday with my family along with the things that we can do there. Plz recommend

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: staying in pokhara

browse under Pokhara in TA for hotels and things to do - it's all there - if you have specific questions - come back

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
5,130 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: staying in pokhara

There are at least 100 hotels and guest houses in Pokhara. You don't need to book in advance, so you can choose your location and your room on site.

Level Contributor
50 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: staying in pokhara

Pokhara has a wealth of hotels at all budget levels from the award winning Tiger Mountain Pokhara Lodge just outside Pokhara to a great variety of hotels in the lakeside. Let me know what you'd like to do and then we can give you some details.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
9,026 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: staying in pokhara

Hi

Welcome Nepal, the official tourist website, has some useful information for Pokhara:

welcomenepal.com/promotional/…

scoodly

Pokhara, Nepal
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: staying in pokhara

U could have at least posted some further info on what u really needed..

Launceston...
Level Contributor
178 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: staying in pokhara

Hi there,

Although you don't mention when you will be there I am sure you will enjoy all that Pokhara has to offer. I have been visiting Pokhara for 30 years and have always stayed in the Butterfly Lodge. I have seen it grow from a tiny establishment to a beautiful hotel with rooms to cater for all types of travellers, budget to a little more style and comfort. In all that time the garden has remained the same, as delightful as ever and Govinda, his family and staff as helpful as can be. The garden is filled with butterflies and flowers and a wonderful peaceful place to return to at the end of a busy day exploring. It is situated Lakeside, off the main road, therefore very quiet. From the gate or the roof you can see the majestic Annapurna mountain range, especially Machapuchare, the fishtail mountain.

You can find many things to do there, depending on your tastes by referring to the forums or a good guide book.

My favourite things to do are to hire a small boat (boats) with a paddle and row lazily around the lake, watch the colourful paragliders float around in the sky, or try for yourself, visit the World Peace Pagoda perched high up on the narrow ridge above the lake, trek up to Sarangkot (2 to 3 hours slowly) on the ridge above Pokhara , either for the day or spend a night so you can view the sunrise the next morning, eat healthy and yummy food in the multitude of cafes and restaurants, hire a bicycle, visit the Tibetan Refugee Camp, browse the shops and the list goes on. Any good hotel you decide to stay in will be able to advise you of what to see. Pokhara is also a starting point for many treks, both short and long.

Feel free to pm me if you need any more info.

Suzie

Busan, South Korea
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: staying in pokhara

Suzie, I am heading to Pokara on Tuesday, I was wondering what exactly I would do there for a few days... you have made it sound wonderful and relaxing so I thank you for that!

Could you tell me the price range of rooms there? looking on TA they only show 1 price.

Can't wait to spend a few days in Pokhara :D

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: staying in pokhara

it would take a long time to do all those things listed at #6

if you only have a few days just set yourself down in a lakeside garden restaurant with a long cool drink and watch the world go by

Pokhara is not meant for people in a rush

Launceston...
Level Contributor
178 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: staying in pokhara

Only a few days is better than never visiting at all. Hopefully you will be flying there and back, so won't be losing time on bus trips.

What to do for a few days? Well I don't want to suggest anything that may wear you out lol. I would suggest rising early, and then you can sit in the Nepal Organic Cafe and Bakery, situated on the main strip, across the road from the small side street where Butterfly Lodge is situated. They have the best coffee, pastries, menu, free wifi, and here you can sit and watch the lakeside wake up and the world go by. This is a wonderful way to relax over breakkie and take in the street life for a bit Also a good way to meet other travellers for a chat . Hopefully after few coffees and a good feed you will be keen to do something. You could then refer to my previous post or a good guide book.

Regarding room charges, I am not sure but they range from budget up. Just contact them on their own website. It is off season so you will get good rates.

Have a wonderful time in Pokhara and Nepal.

Suzie

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
5,130 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: staying in pokhara

You can find a really good room in Pokhara for less than 1000 rupees, even 600 rps.