We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sapana Lodge Chitwan 2 Night Stay

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Sapana Lodge Chitwan 2 Night Stay

Hi

We are looking at an elephant safari and although initially we were set on staying in Chitwan itself, we stumbled across the Sapana Lodge (rated No 1 on here) which looks amazing and has far better reviews than the accommodation inside Chitwan itself - and will probably be alot cheaper. We still get to do the elephant safari, etc..

Are we missing anything by avoiding staying in Chitwan and will the weather still be OK end October?

Thanks

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tibet, Montagna e sport invernali, Milan, Nepal, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Ladakh, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
7,788 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sapana Lodge Chitwan 2 Night Stay

Usually the weather in October is good. I think this is the best season o go there

Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sapana Lodge Chitwan 2 Night Stay

As far as I can see the Sapana Lodge is placed on the wrong side of the Rapti river, so you will not have easy acces to Sauraha, Chitwan, where the restaurants and shops are (if I am right in this assumption).

I have only been in Chitwan twice (april and october) and both time I stayed at Hotel Parkside. I can see it is a little more expenssive, but it is value for the money.

The weather is normally very fine and warm in october.

Settle, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sapana Lodge Chitwan 2 Night Stay

I don't think that for a two night stay in Chitwan it really matters that you can't get to restaurants in Sauraha anyway, as the Lodge is likely to offer reasonable catering. I stayed last year at 'Safari Narayan' on the bank of the Rapti river, and was impressed, food and accommodation fine, and a superb location, and didn't feel the need to look elsewhere for food. The resort also has its own elephants, which is far more pleasant than queueing in a field waiting for the 'public' elephants for your safari - check that Sapana maintains its own 'fleet'

Pokhara
Level Contributor
892 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sapana Lodge Chitwan 2 Night Stay

I Have Stayed in Sapana Village Twice & The Lodge Ground & Most of All the Location Is On the Cozy Area With Great out Door Setting For Relax All The Detailed Work On The Property is Very Unique : It Takes 10 Min To Walk Down to All the Cafes Restaurant & Shops . Also The Service is Beyond Expectation Enjoy The Trip Regards Raja .

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sapana Lodge Chitwan 2 Night Stay

Thanks for the response so far. We are now considering Parkside and Sapana. The two night three day safari for two with Sapana and private transport from Kathmandu is 370USD for two. I've emailed Parkside too for a price. Both have pretty good reviews on here although Sapana slightly more so and they seem to do alot for the local community. to be honest i like the idea of being away from the shops. After EBC and Kathmandu it will probably be a nice retreat before our flight home.

i'll see what Parkside email back with. Any other specific advice regarding either of these two would be great.

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sapana Lodge Chitwan 2 Night Stay

Parkside have emailed. Price is 520USD, 150 USD more. Will have to compare two and see exactly what difference is for the extra price, e.g. is location better?

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tibet, Montagna e sport invernali, Milan, Nepal, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Ladakh, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
7,788 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sapana Lodge Chitwan 2 Night Stay

Rachel to know which one is better, of course you need to compare what is included in the price. Parkside, in my opinion, is very good.

Namaste

Rongpuk

Denmark
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sapana Lodge Chitwan 2 Night Stay

I think Parksides location is better! But you know...that is just my opinion ;-)

Sapana looks very good too. And if I had been there the first time, maybe that would be what I prefered? Who knows?

Anyway...what ever you choose, the National Park is the same, the Tharu dance show is the same, the Tharu village is the same, the canoing on Rapti river is the same, the birds you see are the same.

I know what you can expect at Parkside, and I know that it is great.

However...if you choose Sapana, would you then let me know how it was? Maybe I need to see something new instead of just choosing the road I know ;-)

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sapana Lodge Chitwan 2 Night Stay

Sorry i actually miscalculated it is cheaper at Parkside. They charge 520usd for two including all meals and Sapana is $570 excluding meals. Sapana are charing 300usd for private transport to and from Kathmandu so the transfer is more than the other part of the trip.

Northwich, United...
Level Contributor
1,931 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sapana Lodge Chitwan 2 Night Stay

After much deliberation, we've decided to go for Sapana. They do use their own 'fleet' of elephants for the safari which clinched it for us and although they are slightly more expensive, the reviews on here speak for themselves (rated No 1 and all appear 'genuine'. We don't get food included, this is extra (which is what will probably make it more expensive), and we'll just need to sort out our Greenline tickets which hopefully we can do once arriving in Kathmandu. Thanks for the help. That's one things sorted out, back to sorting out our treck now as we didn't plan for this extra on the end so its meant that its back to the drawing board as I don't think we'll fit in Gokyo now :-(

Get answers to your questions about Chitwan National Park