We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay? how long?

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
130 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay? how long?

where is the closest town/city?

what is the cheapest accommodation nearby? how long should i visit? is sept/oct a good time to go?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
8,819 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay? how long?

The closestviallage to the park is Sauraha where there are lots of hotels:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/HACSearch?geoOrName=geo&q=Sauraha%2C+Nepal&inDay=24&inMonth=05%2F2013&checkIn=dd%2Fmm%2Fyyyy&outDay=26&outMonth=05%2F2013&checkOut=dd%2Fmm%2Fyyyy

Many peopel stay for two or three days but if you like it, stay longer. September/October is a good time to go. There is a possibility of rain in Sep, less so in Oct. It is busier in Oct.

scoodly

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay? how long?

jenny

unless you are extremely "budget concious", my advice - do not shoot for the "cpeapest accomodation" in Sauraha - as is more than half of these so called "resorts" in this town are barely worth the sign board they are displayed on......

France
Destination Expert
for Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Bhaktapur, Kathmandu, Jomsom, Mustang Region, Namche Bazaar, Sagarmatha National Park, Annapurna Region
Level Contributor
3,420 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay? how long?

I have stayed at couple of different hotels in Chitwan, one inside the national park which was quite expensive and I think it's closed now. Another time I was staying in Hotel Rain Forest which was pretty good. The price through an agent was about US$ 90 with foods, activities, accommodation included. I think the price was pretty fine for all those services.

Good Luck!

Cumbria
Level Contributor
4,606 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay? how long?

Personally I would opt for a package - Usually a package that includes transportation from either Kathmandu or Pokhara by Tourist Bus and Includes accommodation with Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner as well as All your activities (National Park Entrance fee, Elephant Ride, Dug Out Canoe Trip, Jungle Walk, .Cultural Show, Bird watching / Village Walk etc) start at around $30 per person per day in a Budget Resort. You will easily arrange a package once you arrive in Nepal and there is no need to book anything in advance as you will always get a better deal with an agent when dealing face to face

My Own favourite for Sauraha is Tiger Residency http://www.tigerresidency.com/

This is a little more expensive but the accommodation and the food are well above average and the guide, Laxman is simply superb, he can recognise all the birds by sight, silhouette and bird call and knows their names in English, Latin and Nepali

I have steered quite a few people to Tiger Residency over the years and have had a lot of Good feedback !!

You can also check reviews here on Trip Advisor at

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g293892-d2…

Good Luck

Rob

5. Re: where to stay? how long?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Chitwan National Park