We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

comment on this itinerary..

Malaysia
Level Contributor
297 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
comment on this itinerary..

Hi all,

I would like to get comments from those who have visited these places in my itinerary and see whether the itinerary is too rush (I'll be traveling with an engaged driver for all these places)...Can anyone modify it if you think it's too rush? Thanks..

I don't want to be rush since my family and I would like to enjoy the scenery, the food and the moment at every place...

* I got this from the driver, and I'm not sure the english name for the places and food, sorry about it..Hope somebody can give some comment on it...

First day:reach Taoyuan and take HSR to Taichung, pick up by driver and check in to minsu, then visit Fengjia NM.

Day 2: 台中出發→鹿港(或是集集)→嘉義(吃有名的小吃)→遊奮起湖(老街、愛玉冰)→check in阿里山→(日落、雲海)→(晚餐後早睡)。

第二天:早起坐小火車看日出早餐+遊國家森林(神木)→出發→塔塔加(玉山國家公園)→水里(中餐)→日月潭(坐船遊湖)→check in日月潭民宿。

第三天:出發後可以選擇→(坐纜車、玩手拉坯、廣興紙寮、埔里酒廠、18度C巧克力工房)→清境農場→廬山溫泉check in(老街、吊橋、吃山產)。

第四天:出發→太魯閣國家公園(昆陽、武嶺、合歡山、大禹嶺、碧綠神木、天祥)太魯閣峽谷區(九曲洞、燕子口、"")→七星潭→check in花蓮民宿(放煙火、天燈)。

第五天:花蓮出發→清水斷崖→瀏覽蘇花公路→蘇澳港→東北角海岸線風景區(南雅奇石、黃金瀑布、陰陽海、金瓜石)→九份老街→台北飯店或民宿check in。

The driver is charging me NTD24000 for the above itinerary for 5 adults. Is it worth?

Thanks for your comment and time to read it..

Mentioned in this post
Taoyuan
Taoyuan
Taiwan
Malaysia
Level Contributor
297 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: comment on this itinerary..

hi everyone,

Happy Chinese New Year...Any comment about the above itinerary?

Thanks...

Singapore
Level Contributor
671 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: comment on this itinerary..

Hi

There is nothing wrong with this itinerary. If u spilt the cost per pax each person abt $1k per day, which is quite ok.

Day 3 - why stay in lushan when the nx day u r going to hehuansan? I think cingjing minsu are nicer and may hv chance to see stars if sky clear. I prefer stay at cingjing as it at highland.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
297 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: comment on this itinerary..

Hi sflow,

According to Mr. Liao, which is the driver I planned to engage, he said that it's nicer to stay at Lushan cos you can experience hot spring, and the food is nicer than the minsu at Cingjing...廬山溫泉check in(老街、吊橋、吃山產)。

I'm not sure...That's why need to get comment on this itinerary...

Thanks.

Singapore
Level Contributor
671 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: comment on this itinerary..

Hi

Maybe there r more variety of food in lushan.

But I think some drivers will let guests hv dinner, hotspring at lushan then drive them back to cingjing.

Oh ya there is this famous yunan restaurant which many people tried and quite nice. I didn't try but my relative said that it was gd. Cingjing cabbage is also very sweet, gd for steamboat.

But I think choice up to u. If u insist to stAy at cingjing and the driver keep on insisting on lushan, then u may want to consider abt hiring him. Cingjing will be colder at nite since it at highland.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
297 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: comment on this itinerary..

hi...

Thanks for your comment...Actually I don't mind where I should stay...I've stayed at Cingjing before, and never been to Lushan, so I don't mind going... ^_^

Thanks...

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
842 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: comment on this itinerary..

Livien,

You are going Taiwan again? Me too :)

I've contacted Mr Liao but decided to drop him. I've posted my -ve encounters with him here

tripadvisor.com.sg/ShowTopic-g293910-i9303-k…

My plan was also to take a bus from airport to Taoyuan HSR, then HSR to Taichung, then another cab to hotel near Fengjia NM. But since we have 3A+3C, I've decided to book a cab (9 seater) to pick us up directly from Taoyuan airport instead.

In Taichung, we will leave our main luggage in the hotel and travel up to Cingjing by Wish. The price saving is about 1/3-1/2 if we travel by 小黄 :P

I find that it is cheaper to hire cabs separately so that you don't have to pay for their accommodation, which is already factored into the price quoted.

My total costs for hiring cab (2 different drivers) for my trip is around NT24000, includes the following:

Day 1 - Taoyuan airport to Taichung Hotel (direct transfer)

Day 2 - Taichung - Cingjing (direct transfer)

Day 3 - no driver

Day 4 - Cingjing - Taichung (with sightseeing @ Puli,SML & Jiji)

Day 5 - Taichung day trip

Day 6 - Lugang/Changhua day trip

Day 7 - Taichung to Taipei (direct transfer)

Day 8 - Jiufen day trip

Day 9 - no driver

Day 10 - Taipei to Taoyuan airport

8-9 hours day trip

Mentioned in this post
Taoyuan
Taoyuan
Taiwan
Taipei
Taipei
Taiwan
Malaysia
Level Contributor
297 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: comment on this itinerary..

BlessedHomemaker,

Ya...I'm going back to Taiwan on 25 August, how bout you? I drop Mr. Liao too...Haha...End up I've decided to engage Mr. Lin (林鸿庆) who get good response too in TA.

My itinerary now is as follow:

Day 1: Touch down in Taoyuan (3pm) - take bus Taoyuan HSR - take HSR to Taichung - take cab/ free shuttle bus to minsu near Fengjia - visit Fengjia to have dinner

Day 2: Taichung - Lugang - Chiayi - FenChiHu - Alishan

Day 3: watch sun rise at Alishan - visit the national park there - Yushan - Sun Moon Lake (boat ride)

Day 4: Sun Moon Lake (visit some places of interest) - Puli (18oC Chocolate Factory, etc...) - Cingjing (Green Green Grassland) - Lushan (dinner) - Cingjing minsu

* I've engage Mr. Lin to be our driver for Day2-Day4. He charge NTD 11000

Day 5: Cingjing - Hualien via Taroko including CingShui Cliff then check in Hualien minsu

* I've request Hualien Bay Minsu to arrange a driver to pick us up at Cingjing minsu and do the day tour then send us to Hualien Bay. Still considering whether I should change to Mr. Zeng who got very high recommendation.

Day 6: explore Hualien in the morning and take lunch before depart back to Taipei by train

Day 7: Taipei - Yehliu, Jiufen, Shifen, Keelung (engage Meeky Yang)

Day 8: Explore Taipei on our own

Day 9: Taipei - Taoyuan Airport (flight in the evening)

I can't wait to go back to Taiwan already...Miss the country so much..

Do share your experience after your trip... ^_^

Mentioned in this post
The Lin Hotel
The Lin Hotel
297 Reviews
Xitun, Taichung
Taoyuan
Taoyuan
Taiwan
Chiayi
Chiayi
Taiwan
Fenchihu Hotel
Fenchihu Hotel
76 Reviews
Zhuqi, Chiayi County
Ali Mountain (Alishan)
Ali Mountain (Alishan)
625 Reviews
Xinyi Township, Nantou
Sun Moon Lake
Sun Moon Lake
2,174 Reviews
Yuchi, Nantou
Hualien
Hualien
Taiwan
Taroko Park
Taroko Park
204 Reviews
Qianzhen, Kaohsiung
Taipei
Taipei
Taiwan
Keelung
Keelung
Taiwan
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
842 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: comment on this itinerary..

We're going in Nov :)

I did contact Mr Lin, his price is market rate but I've found another cheaper driver :p. I found this driver through TA too.

And the driver from Taoyuan airport to Taichung, he's giving me a very good price too. Works out to be about the same price as HSR. Driving time is approx. 2hrs+ but I factor in the waiting time of airport bus + HSR + bus transfer to Fengjia NM. And with kids and luggages, I think cab is better for us. If you are interested, I can pass you my driver's contact, maybe he can give you the same price too.

Did you visit Hualien last year? We stayed @ Hualien Bay last Nov, very hospitable owner. If you have time, ask your driver to bring you to Yanliao, cheap and good seafood.

About Meeky, did you call/email him? I emailed 3x but no reply. So I've engaged my airport transfer driver to do Jiufen too.

Which hotel you staying in Taipei? I'm still undecided to stay near TMS or XMD.

Mentioned in this post
Taoyuan
Taoyuan
Taiwan
Hualien
Hualien
Taiwan
Taipei
Taipei
Taiwan
Malaysia
Level Contributor
297 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: comment on this itinerary..

Can you send me a PM for the driver's contact number? Thanks... ^_^

I've email Meeky Yang and we did contact each other through email few times too. I've booked him for a day tour to Jiufen and other places.

I'm going to stay at Pig's Home at TMS, the same service apartment I used to stay during my last year visit to Taipei.

I'll post my review after back from my trip...Can't wait to be there again.. ^_^

Mentioned in this post
Taipei
Taipei
Taiwan
Singapore
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: comment on this itinerary..

Hi BlessedHomemaker

Could you email your driver to eccles74@gmail.com please?

>>>>And the driver from Taoyuan airport to Taichung, he's giving me a very good price too. Works out to be about the same price as HSR. Driving time is approx. 2hrs+ but I factor in the waiting time of airport bus + HSR + bus transfer to Fengjia NM. And with kids and luggages, I think cab is better for us. If you are interested, I can pass you my driver's contact, maybe he can give you the same price too.

Mentioned in this post
Taoyuan
Taoyuan
Taiwan