We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taipei to the East Coast

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
95 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Taipei to the East Coast

I was thinking of travelling from Taipei down the east coast where the scenery is supposed to be very beautiful. I'll most probably be travelling alone, and possibly taking public transportation.

One of my Taiwanese friends tell me that as a lone female travelling on my own, it might be safer to just go with a travel package, as many of the scenic spots along the east coast is hard to get to via public transport and it isn't so safe for a girl to travel on her own.

Please advise.

And if I'm to go with travel agents for travel packages, how much would it generally cost me? And how much time do I need to see the highlights of the east coast (a few famous places)... What is there to see?

Would appreciate any advise given. Thanks!

Taipei Taiwan
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei
Level Contributor
7,926 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taipei to the East Coast

Hi,

The East coast Travel Package does not seem interesting:

www.taiwantourbus.com.tw/english/east2.php

You could do Hualien, Taitung and Green Island on your own , By train and boat.

Spearhawk is our resident East Coast Expert as he's the one who went the route:):):)

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293910-i9303-k739…

http://backpackingtaiwan.blogspot.com/

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
95 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taipei to the East Coast

Thanks so much for the helpful info Nutty. :)

Do you think it's safe for a Chinese girl to travel on her own in Taiwan? I had fully expected it to be safe, but my Taiwanese girlfriend says better not to.

Taipei Taiwan
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei
Level Contributor
7,926 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taipei to the East Coast

Just to let you know that I will let the forumers here answer your Question on safety.

There are many women/girls/babes here who have already made solo trips around Taiwan and there are some who travelled in pairs . They will be the best persons to answer you.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taipei to the East Coast

Travelling alone? GOOD..............One of My favourite hobby ^__^

Taiwan is safe ( i went there alone in Aug 06 throu I only manage to cover part of Taipei ^__^) but like all place in the world, some general precaution must be taken ^___^ even in Singapore.

5. Re: Taipei to the East Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 00:18