We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending holidays @ Taiwan 5 day trip

Which Taipei hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manila
Level Contributor
177 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
Spending holidays @ Taiwan 5 day trip

Hi. Tai-DIY. Can you please take a look at my 5 day itinienary. Dec.26-30-2008

DAY 1 Arrive @ taipei 10am. I am billeted at OneStar Chongcing. Hotel said i must take airport bus #61 but did not say what company . After check in, will visit LongShan temple but will drop in Huaxi for lunch first.

Go to National Palace Museum, then have dinner at Shilin market. Browse around the night market then catch a MTR back to Taipei Main Station and check out Shin Kong Tower Observatory.

DAY 2 Visit the ff places CKS memorial hall,Chinese Movie Culture City, Taiwan Miniature Museum. (is the sequencing okay ?)Have lunch at Tonghua St. after that take a day view of Taipei City via Taipei 101, explore Xinyi District, check out Linjiang Night Market ( is this market interesting?) if boring explore Ximending.

DAY 3 Visit Danshui/ Fisherman Wharf and Lover's Bridge at daytime, at night time visit Raohe Market and cross over to Wu Pen Fu.

DAY 4 Visit Taipei Zoo and gondola over Maokong .After this activity, not yet decided if to check out Taipei storyland and the underground mall or catch a ride at the Miramar Entertainment District (how do I get there from Maokong). Can I do all of them.

DAY 5 Still no plans what to do. Please suggest. My plane leaves Taipei 5pm. What day can I check out the very famous Din Tai Fung Dumplings?

Many thanks for any help to streamline my travel plans. and P.S. How cold is Taipei end of December ? what is the average temperature ? Will it dipped below 10oC ?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei, Taichung
Level Contributor
8,584 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending holidays @ Taiwan 5 day trip

DAY 1

Board Kuo Kuang bus at Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport to Taipei One Star Hotel (Chongcing) located between Taipei Main Station and XMD. Alight at terminal stop near Taipei Main Station. Cross Zhongxiao W Rd at the corner of Chongqing N Rd and walk south along Chongqing S Rd. Topview observation deck on the 46th storey of Shin Kong Mitsukoshi Dept Store had closed at end of February 2006.

DAY 2

There is no longer changing of guard ceremony at CKS Memorial Hall. Watch it at Martyr’s Shrine and Dr Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall. Chinese Culture & Movie Centre had closed long ago.

DAY 4

Board the MRT train from Taipei Zoo to Jiantan MRT Station (exit 1) and board free shuttle bus to Miramar Entertainment Park. Taipei Story House (near Taipei Fine Arts Museum along Zhongshan N Rd Sec 3) is not to be confused with Taiwan Storyland (at Basement 2 of K- Mall, next to 51-storey Shin Kong Mitsukoshi Dept Store and opposite Taipei Main Station). You can visit Shilin night market enroute to Miramar.

Maokong Gondola is currently suspended temporarily due to on-going system safety checks and assessment. Maokong Gondola: www.trtc.com.tw/e/shownews1.asp?id=1661

Temperature is expected to be around 12~17 deg Celsius during end December. But sometimes it can be difficult to forecast especially if there is an unexpected cold spell.

manila
Level Contributor
177 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending holidays @ Taiwan 5 day trip

Ooops. Got the name wrong. Help, taiwan DIY and Taiwan Alive. Need your expertise to streamline my itinenary. Many thanks . Looking forward to this vacation, been 10 years since I strike out on my own in travelling, will like to make my Taiwan memorable. : )

manila
Level Contributor
177 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending holidays @ Taiwan 5 day trip

Many thanks . Please advice what I can do in my 5th day ? Still a blank. Which is the most feasible day in my plan schedule can I insert my Din Tai Fung Dumplings adventure ? Since Movie City closed down, is the Puppet Museum okay ? How about the Tittot Glass Museum ? what where should aligned them in my plan ? Have to leave for airport around 3pm to catch my 5:30 flight back to Manila.thanks again. Have a Great day.

hualien
Destination Expert
for Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending holidays @ Taiwan 5 day trip

Day 3, Danshui should really be done in the evening, to catch the sunset.U have also missed out on the Yieliu park, and Miaokou night market.

manila
Level Contributor
177 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spending holidays @ Taiwan 5 day trip

Hi Maria,

How can I get to Yiulu park and MiaoKou ? Thanks.

hualien
Destination Expert
for Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spending holidays @ Taiwan 5 day trip

Unfortunately I'm not able to give u directions on public transport as I almost always use car rentals when in Taipei.There are, however, public buses that serve the Yieliu park specifically, hopefully, TaiwanDIY would come to ur rescue soon.

hualien
Destination Expert
for Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
3,058 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spending holidays @ Taiwan 5 day trip

ok, did a search, n came up with this:

website for Yieliu national park---

http://www.ylgeopark.org.tw/

info on transport---

www.ylgeopark.org.tw/DynamicPage.aspx?id=56

in a nutshell, u could get on the Guoguang Hao headed to Yieliu park at the bus station next to Taipei main station or take the Danshuikeyun from Danshui mrt station.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei, Taichung
Level Contributor
8,584 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Spending holidays @ Taiwan 5 day trip

From Taipei > Yehliu

Board Kuo Kuang bus from Taipei Intercity Bus Terminal counter 19 (next to Taipei Main Station) on the "Chin Shan Youth Activity Centre" route, a distance of about 54km. The first Kuo Kuang bus departs at 0540 hrs (weekdays) and 0630 hrs (weekends). Fare: NT$102 Travel time: About 1 hr 20 mins.

Location map of bus terminal: home.trtc.com.tw/INFO92/Lmap.asp?SID=051

Kuo Kuang Bus: http://www.kingbus.com.tw

From Keelung > Yehliu

Board either Keelung or Danshui buses from Keelung Bus Station (next to Keelung Railway Station) plying the north coastal road (provincial highway no. 2) on the "Jinshan" or "Danshui" route, a distance of about 14km. Fare: NT$45 Travel time: About 40 mins

Keelung Bus http://www.klbus.com.tw

Danshui Bus http://www.csgroup-bus.com.tw

From Danshui > Yehliu

Board either Keelung or Danshui buses from Danshui Bus Station (at Danshui MRT Station) plying the north coastal road (provincial highway no. 2) on the "Keelung" route, a distance of about 48~49km. Fare: NT$120 Travel time: About 1 hr

Yehliu is located at the 48-49km mark. Alight at “Yehliu” stop near the road T-junction. Walk into the side road for about 15 to 20 mins. Yehliu is not within view from the bus stop.

Yehliu Geological Scenic Park

Admission: NT$50 (Adult) NT$25 (Child)

Opening hrs: 0800 to 1700 hrs daily

Tel: (02) 2492 2016

Miaokou is about 10 mins’ walk from Keelung Railway Station.

Keelung Miaokou food street

Open: 24 hrs

http://www.miaokow.org

manila
Level Contributor
177 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spending holidays @ Taiwan 5 day trip

Thank you agsin Maria & TaiwanDIY, your help is invaluable. Will report how my Taiwan adventure went. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year !

10. Re: Spending holidays @ Taiwan 5 day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 05:27