We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How cold is it right now?

Which Taipei hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
7,081 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
How cold is it right now?

I see the temperature pretty similar to HK, but I recall being there the same time last year, it felt colder.

We're coming in a few days, do I need to bring Down Jacket for my kids? Scarves? mittens? Is it really windy and chilly? And it says raining everyday... is it pouring heavy rain, or just showers and drizzling?

Thanks.

hualien
Destination Expert
for Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How cold is it right now?

temperature fluctuates, forcasts has it that the temp would drop next week so it would be advisable to bring along a down jacket as well as some sweaters for the kids.However, pack some thin long sleeves and make the children wear them underneath the thicker clothings so that they could 'peel off' by layers when the day heats up towards noon; then don them back on during late afternoons.

hualien
Destination Expert
for Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How cold is it right now?

It get pretty windy in Leofoo n WOC during winter time so it would be good to have the kids wear a jacket that could double as a wind breaker while there.

manila
Level Contributor
177 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How cold is it right now?

I am in Taipei now. The weather is a little nippy, just like that before a typhoon blows in. Personally, because I come from Manila, a light jacket will do fine.

Taipei Taiwan
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei
Level Contributor
7,892 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How cold is it right now?

From tomorrow the lows will be 11C and below in the wind. Come prepared as there will definitely be some rain till Wednesday . Our Weather people have been pretty accurate over the last couple of years.

http://www.cwb.gov.tw/V6e/index.htm

Click on forcast then 7 days.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How cold is it right now?

Hi any idea how is the historical weather like in late feb to early march? will there be rain? will a normal thick jacket suffice?

6. Re: How cold is it right now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 04:18