We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggages problem...

Malaysia
Level Contributor
292 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Luggages problem...

Hi, I'm planning a 8 days 7 nights trip to Taipei with my family. I plan to stay a night at Cingjing on day 4, then go to Sun Moon Lake and stay a night on day 5. I plan to check out from hotel when we depart to Cingjing because I don't want to waste money of just putting our luggages in Taipei hotels for 2 nights. However, it's a problem for us to carry all of our luggages to Cingjing and SML too. Is anyone out there has such problem before? Or..is there any advise from anyone of you for me?

Thanks alot...

singapore
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggages problem...

I hv that issue too but as only my hubby and I travelling, I decided to go up Taichung then SML n Cingjing.

We r gg for a 10D9N to taiwan in fact. I decided to go nantou 1st cos I know I will shopping like crazy in Taipei.

Since u hv kids, I guess u hv to book a cab? However Minsu owners told me that places of interest around SML, cingjing n lushan r easily assisble by buses.

It's only that u hv to manage yr timing better..

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggages problem...

I have left behind my big luggage in Taipei when I made my way to other parts of Taiwan in past trips. Hotels didn't charge me for the luggage. I suggest you confirm with them.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
292 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggages problem...

Thanks dar2211 and mrslye, I'll check with the hotel see whether I can leave my luggages with them when I leave for Cingjing and SML withough any charges... ^_^

Thanks again...

Singapore
Level Contributor
3,073 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggages problem...

Hi Livien.

U should be fine.

If U're visiting the rest of Taiwan after Taipei, then leave the big main luggages with your Taipei hotel.

Tip: As safety precautions for luggages left behind in Taipei hotel, remember..

• Don't leave important personal stuff in them.

Simple idea: Anything U don't bear to lose - don't leave it behind. ;-)

• Pack your luggages neatly.

So U can tell if the contents have been run through and messed up.

• Secure your luggages.

Hope this ideas help.

TaipeiAlive :-)

TaipeiDreams.com

Singapore
Level Contributor
3,073 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Luggages problem...

3 more luggage tips for U all:

1. Let's not forget this important tip: Our luggage begins - from our home before we fly out.

So pack light where possible. Pack essentials, optimize clothing wear to bring only enough needed clothes. Keep valuables at home, etc..

2. Prepare a carry-along bag/ backpack whatever. Carry only essentials (travel documents, water, safety stuff etc) in this bag - whenever U tour away from your (main) luggages.

3. Bring along an empty luggage, or buy one in Taiwan. If U're shopping for lots of stuff to bring home, this will be helpful. Forumers have done this: Leaving Taiwan in more luggages than what they brought in!

Have great fun!

Malaysia
Level Contributor
292 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luggages problem...

Thanks so much for the tips TaipeiAlive...though I'm only going to travel Sept next year, but I really can't wait for it...I got lots of help from the this forum....Wish to contribute some when I back from Taiwan...

Great day everyone...

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
962 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luggages problem...

I always use those undoable plastic strips to seal my luggage, heavy duty plastic ties. Sorry I do not know the formal name of these. No one can get in unless they cut them off, and if they cut them off I would ask why. You could also lock it with a decent luggage lock while it's at the hotel.

Certainly do not bring all your luggage with you, you will have big issues on trains and busses and there is absoluetely no space for them, no under carriage compartiments etc. On long distance luxury busses, they do have space under the bus, but for freeway busses I don't think they do. Trains and big baggage doesn't go hand in hand at all, therei s just no space for it.

Singapore
Level Contributor
3,073 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Luggages problem...

U're welcome, Livien.

It's fine to gather Taiwan travel info and plan early.

This way U can do your pre-trip preparation in a relaxed and much less stressful way.

Just be sure not to get overwhelmed by the massive amount of Taiwan travel details inside these forums.

At the end of the day, much of traveling is about the travel experience - isn't it? :-)

U can see a bit more about why this is so in the closing post I shared here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293913-i9546-k396…

Happy planning!

Malaysia
Level Contributor
292 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luggages problem...

Thanks again for the info...I think I know how to settle my luggages... ^_^

singapore
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Luggages problem...

Then I guess I will have big problem on nantou buses? Oh dear...How? I will be going to Taichung 1st - SML - Cingqing - Lushan hot spring - Taichung/Taipei ..

I felt regret for DIY already...Still many question marks....Sigh...