Found a good deal on airfare traveling to Taipei, so took a risk, even though my travel dates on Chinese New Year! Arriving February 1 and departing February 4.
Been searching through the forums for existing posts on itineraries, but I'd like to do further research by checking out which can be accomplished during my stay.
1) Does anyone have any info if Taipei 101 be closed on February 2-4? Would like to visit both the Observatory floor and the mall.
2) Any places to avoid during these days within the city? I really have no idea if there will be festivities worth checking out, or if there are places that might be closed to traffic. Wouldn't want to waste time getting stranded anywhere!
3) Will shopping hours be limited during these days? Would appreciate any info on must malls or shopping areas to visit during these holidays - only if they are sure to be open.
4) Will it be difficult to do day tours during these days? Can anyone recommend tour companies that I can contact to prebook day tours on one of those days?
5) Lastly, where is the best place to change US dollars to Taiwanese currency during the Chinese New Year holidays?! I'm afraid traveling during these dates limit my options.
For a first time traveller to Taipei, I find its a bit difficult to do research on traveling specifically during the Chinese New year, and I do hope its not a bad decision for me to visit Taipei during this season.