We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best tour guide we ever met!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best tour guide we ever met!

Dear all,

I would highly recommend this driver Mr Yu Hong Yue!! Today we went to Yeliu without a cab driver as we woke up early and thought of DIY ourselves but ended up we realize it's impossible for us due to the duration needed for the traveling from Yeliu to Jiufen to Pingxi..but am glad we are being approach by Mr Yu to explain and advise us to take cab..and we definitely did not regret..

Our last trip is to Pingxi and Mr Yu give us a great surprise!! We are the spotlight when we do that coz we are the only one doing that and everyone is looking..haha..to know more..engage him and he will surprise u..

His contact +886 0919 666 332

Email: taxi_28828@yahoo.com.tw

TaiwanDay
Multi-day Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
TourMeAway - Free Walking Tour In Taipei
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Like It Formosa
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Taipei Bike Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
160 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best tour guide we ever met!

Oh man, too bad we've already found another guide. :(

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best tour guide we ever met!

Sorry, I meant we woke up late ;)

we took the bus from Taipei Terminal A as per advise given here to Yeliu..Kuoguang bus NT96 which u can pay by easycard at door 8 for the bus..tell the bus driver to inform you when reached yeliu but if driver forgot to inform you which we have experienced, don't worry..alot of ppl alight from the bus stop. Try to sit on the right side of the bus where the bus door is so that you can see the Yeliu sign board and alight at that bus stop..journey took abt 1hr20mins due to stopping on few stops along the way. My advise is to take at the Taipei terminal A instead of going to zhongxiao fuxing as suggested by some forummers as you might not get a seat if bus fully occupy by then but if it's during wkday, shdnt b any problem..

Just a piece of advise, I would greatly suggest you guys to engage a cabbie to bring you to Yeliu>jiufen>nanya rock>shifen waterfall>Pingxi>keelung night market>taipei..coz the money you are paying for a cabbie is worth for the time you are going to spend to visit so many places without having to wait for buses/train to and fro..More time for photo taking and without carrying around the gifts/items bought and placed in the cab..

Anyway, email mr Yu your itinerary and your budget and see if he can work within your budget including your accomodation..he will take care everything for you if you trust him..

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best tour guide we ever met!

Hi tarielle,

It's ok..you can cancel your current guide if it's early like what we did for our current guide ^_^

Trust me this cabbie is worth for you to give a try ESP by helping you to save on accomodation and the savings spend on the trip to more places for sight seeing, food and gifts..

It's a waste we didn't engage him for the whole trip to other areas like cingjing, kenting, etc since we left one day in Taipei..

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best tour guide we ever met!

Hmm...but I would suggest you to get a quote from him first and do a comparison ;)

Singapore
Level Contributor
146 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best tour guide we ever met!

Hi taiwanlover26,

Sorry to ask, is the number you wrote here correct? seems quite different from the others taiwan number? more digit??

Thanks..

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best tour guide we ever met!

Hi rynare,

Actual Taiwan number only 0919 666 332...but if calling from overseas, need to add in their country code which is +886

Singapore
Level Contributor
146 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best tour guide we ever met!

Ic.. thanks..!!

sydney
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best tour guide we ever met!

Hi Taiwanlover26,

Does his taxi fit 5/6 people? What car is he driving?

Thanks for your info.

Singapore
Level Contributor
592 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best tour guide we ever met!

His contact +8869-1966-6332

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best tour guide we ever met!

Hi.. Mr Yu quoted me $3600... is it reasonable? Yeliu>jiufen>nanya rock>shifen waterfall>Pingxi