We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please Advice..

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Please Advice..

Hi to all, I will be visiting Twn with 2 or either 3 friends at beginning of the month Dec 2011 & its our first time going there. I had roughly done the itinerary, but I need u guys for some advice. See whether this plan can work or not. Our schedule as follow:

Day1 - Arrive Taipei@0930. Check-in @NeiJiang Hotel, Ximending. Visiting Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall, Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall, Tapei 101, National Palace Museum, Miramar Mall, Shilin Night Market

Day2 - Yang Ming Shan - Danshui - WuFenPu - RaoHe Night Market

Day3 - Jiufen, JinGuaShi, Shifen, Pingxi, Houtong, Qingtong, Gold Ecological Park, Keelung Miaoko N.M

Day4 - Go Kaohsiung by High Speed Rail Train. Check-in@hotel.

Visit Fo Guan Shan Monastery. LiouHe Night Market

Day5/6- Either stay 1 more night in Kaohsiung or back to taipei by HSRT. Visit places that miss previous day.

Day6/7 - Maokong Gondola, LongShan Temple, Huaxi Night Market

Day8 - Going to airport. Flight depart 0955.

Questions:

1) What transport i should take from Airport to Ximending, NeiJiang, Hotel?

2) If we would like to watch changing guard ceremony, which memorial hall we shall visit?

3) Is all the Memorial Hall or National Palace Museum a "must" visit place?

4) We want to go Kaohsiung too cox we want to visit Fo Guang Shan. Do we need to stay 1 night there or just go for day trip enough?

5) Is the schedule too pack?

Thanks you guys in advance.

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
790 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please Advice..

Hi there

I will try to answer some of your questions and to give my comments on your itinerary. I feel that your D1 and D3 is too packed. Don't forget the travelling time.

If you want to visit Fo Guang Shan, definitely you need to stay 1 night as Fo Guang Shan is not in Kaoshiung. You have to take a bus to the monastery. The journey is about 1.5 hour one way.

2) If we would like to watch changing guard ceremony, which memorial hall we shall visit?

Both memorial halls have changing of the guard ceremony

For me, it's definitely National Palace Museum

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Please Advice..

Hi. lwk-my, thanks for the advice..

Beside that i wanna ask that if we want to go Sun Moon Lake, which day trip we can add in this place?

2) Wad place should we give up for D1 & D3?

3) Any attractions in Kaohsiung? What are the must "visit" places?

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Please Advice..

If we still would like to visit Yangmingshan, is that too pack for this whole trip?

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please Advice..

Hi.

Take freego airport bus to Neijiang. When you buy tix, tell them where you are going.

SML is in middle of Taiwan. Not advisable to do day trip from either Taipei (north) or Kaohsiung (south). If you want to visit, do a detour when you are going to Kaohsiung or from Kaohsiung.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
836 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please Advice..

Day1 - Arrive Taipei@0930. Check-in @NeiJiang Hotel, Ximending. Visiting Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall, Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall, Tapei 101, National Palace Museum, Miramar Mall, Shilin Night Market

=> You'll be traveling all over the city based on this schedule. A member here suggested to visit Miramar Entertanment Park after Maokong Gondola as they are on the same brown MRT line.

Day2 - Yang Ming Shan - Danshui - WuFenPu - RaoHe Night Market

=> Coming down from Danshui, you can stop over at Jiantan station to visit Shilin NM.

Day3 - Jiufen, JinGuaShi, Shifen, Pingxi, Houtong, Qingtong, Gold Ecological Park, Keelung Miaoko N.M

=> Too ambitious if you are planning to take the public transport. Unless you book a private cabbie, might be able to cover 3/4 attractions.

1) What transport i should take from Airport to Ximending, NeiJiang, Hotel?

=> If there are 3 of you, maybe you can consider taking a cab, save the hassle of going up and down the bus with your luggage.

Airport bus info

www.taoyuan-airport.com/english/Publish.jsp…

=> Another place to watch change of guards ceremony is @ 忠烈祠 (Martyr’s Shrine)

=> Not the National Palace Museum for us.

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Please Advice..

Hi, may i know what transport we should take to go 忠烈祠 (Martyr’s Shrine)? Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall & Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall, which one shall we cancel for the trip? Day trip for Wufenpu & Danshui, which place shall we go first? Do we need 1day time to visit Fo Guang Shan? Or just half day is enough?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
836 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please Advice..

Not sure if these info are still valid but it's what I've gathered from TA and blogs.

捷運劍潭站 take Red 3 bus from the same side of the street, get off at the third stop. Open 9AM-5PM Sun-Fri.

Took bus 287 along Heng Yang Road to Martyr's Shrine. It is about 20 minutes bus ride and stopped right in front of Martyr's Shrine, cross the road.

I've read to visit Danshui for beautiful sunset.

8. Re: Please Advice..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 04:17