We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can give comment on this itinerary?

Malaysia
Level Contributor
297 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
can give comment on this itinerary?

There are 5 of us planning to stay a night at hualien. I'm still thinking I should engage a driver to either one of the route below:

1) hualien - along su-an road - 蘇澳港 - attractions at Northeast coast (yinyang sea, jin gua shi, golden waterfall) - Jiufen - Taipei check in.

or

2) hualien - (not sure which attractions yet, but wanted to go for a place where there're plenty of flowers, nice scenery cos I'm going on end of August). *maybe half day/ full day tour, then take train back to Taipei...

But I'm worried about the luggages, since it's the 6th day of our tour. If option 2 is chosen, then I'll engage another driver to take us to Shifen, Jiufen, Keelung, etc....

Will it be tiring to back to TAipei, then the next day going to Norheast coast attractions while we've been traveling continuously for 6 days?

Thanks for your comment...

Mentioned in this post
Taipei
Taipei
Taiwan
Keelung
Keelung
Taiwan
Meet My Guide Taipei
Canyoning & Rappelling Tours, Bike Tours, Climbing Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours
Finemakers
City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips, Cultural Tours, Historic Sites
Tours By Locals
Sightseeing Tours
YesFun Taiwan
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Singapore
Level Contributor
671 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can give comment on this itinerary?

Hi

金针花 may be blooming in aug. You need to chk with a guide.

I not sure where u r going for the 1st 6 days. Therefore can't comment that hualien is on the way.

Low

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: can give comment on this itinerary?

you can left your luggage on Taipei station Luggage room before heading for Hualien ,

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/aqqss/32705034

Is this the place you want to visit ?

www.youtube.com/watch…

Edited: 31 January 2012, 13:46
Mentioned in this post
Taipei Station
Taipei Station
138 Reviews
Zhongzheng District, Taipei
Hualien
Hualien
Taiwan
Malaysia
Level Contributor
297 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can give comment on this itinerary?

hi sflow,

My family and I (5 adults) are going to Taiwan for 9D8N trip. The itinerary planned is as follow:

Day 1: Reach Taoyuan airport (around 3pm) - take HSR to Taichung - check in minsu near Fengjia NM.

Day2: Depart from Taichung - 鹿港(或是集集) - Chiayi - Fen Ci Hu (奮起湖) - check in Alishan for sunset - dinner & overnight.

Day3: Wake up early for sunrise + 國家森林(神木) - Yushan - Shuili - Sun Moon Lake and attractions nearby - check in minsu

Day4: May take cable car, or visit some attractions at SML if didn't manage to cover it the previous day - Puli - Cingjing - Check- in minsu

Day 5: depart from Cingjing - Taroko Gorge (昆陽、武嶺、合歡山、大禹嶺、碧綠神木、天祥)太魯閣峽谷區(九曲洞、燕子口、"") - Ci xing tan 七星潭 - Cingshui Cliff - check in minsu

Day 6: as the above....not sure should engage a driver back to Taipei or go for a full day/ half day tour for flower then take train back Taipei...

Lu24759, ya...that's the place I plan to go..金针花.... ^_^

Mentioned in this post
Chiayi
Chiayi
Taiwan
Ali Mountain (Alishan)
Ali Mountain (Alishan)
625 Reviews
Xinyi Township, Nantou
Taipei
Taipei
Taiwan
Singapore
Level Contributor
671 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: can give comment on this itinerary?

Hi

Since u hv travelled from cingjing to hualien can extend your stay for another nite. Just ask ur driver if it is right season to see the flower.

If u find that u got less time in TP, actually u can skip alishan as I find that there are no flowers and most of the time winter period got best chance to view sunrise and sea clouds.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
297 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: can give comment on this itinerary?

we are going on 25Aug - 2Sept...

so, you suggest that I should stay one more night in Hualien? There's a driver suggest me to stay a night at Yilan after Hualien before going back to Taipei...

What do you think?

Mentioned in this post
Hualien
Hualien
Taiwan
Yilan
Yilan
Taiwan
Taipei
Taipei
Taiwan
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
108 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: can give comment on this itinerary?

Livien,

Be fully prepared to make adjustments along the way as your itinerary is based on the East-West highway. When I was there in December, highway 8 and 14 were closed due to landslides. Likewise for the next East-West Highway (can't remember the number). I had to go all the way to the bottom of highway 9. If you are going by rail, that will take you a few hours of journey going round a third of the Taiwan island circumference.

Also the Alishan railway was badly damaged by landslide since November. Expected completion was Feb. Fortunately we rented a car so we were not affected.

And check that you are travelling in season else you can forget about flowers.

You might want to check my travel blog for Taiwan 14days and pick up selected ones since you have 9 days. But do pay attention to how you are going to travel from point to point.

1place1dream.blogspot.com search by Taiwan.

Mentioned in this post
Malaysia
Level Contributor
297 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: can give comment on this itinerary?

Thanks 1place1dream,

I'm thinking whether I should give the daylily a miss...but I felt abit lost if din get the chance to see the daylily when I'll be going to travel during the flowering season...I'm in a dilemma now whether which should be given a miss this time...As I know Shinshe also got daylily, but the farm is much smaller compared to the other 2 in Hualien...So, I'm thinking whether I should go Shinshe after Taichung then only proceed to Alishan or spend another day taking East Rift valley scenic tour.

I'm also considering to depart from SML directly to Hualien via Taroko, but seems abit rush and tiring..What should I do?

Mentioned in this post
Hualien
Hualien
Taiwan
Ali Mountain (Alishan)
Ali Mountain (Alishan)
625 Reviews
Xinyi Township, Nantou
8. Re: can give comment on this itinerary?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2013, 10:35