We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area to stay

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
900 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Best area to stay

This is our first trip to Taiwan and we will be in Taipei for 5 days. We want to stay in a luxury hotel that is centrally located. We love to spend a lot of time walking around so a location in the middle of sights, shops and restaurants would be great. What area and hotel are recommended?

From the research I have done so far, it seems there are many sights in the Zhongheng area, but I haven't found much hotel information yet.

London UK
Level Contributor
107 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area to stay

Hi,

If you are into modern urban life or shopping, then Shin Yih (near Taipei 101) will be ideal. Best hotels are W or Le Meridien. Shangri-la is also in a good area despite it's a bit quieter (up market offcies and residences).

Or you might want to consider Chong Sun North Road (Grand Formosa) - the area has a lot of smaller shops, nice restaurants and has a Japanese feeling to it.

I also like Suite Taipei (Ching Cheng), a home away from home. It's not in the best location but it's right by the metro station. Taxi is so cheap in Taipei so you can get to anywhere within USD 5-6

Singapore
Level Contributor
3,073 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best area to stay

Hi LynnDB.

3 locations most popular with forumers here staying in Taipei will be: Ximending entertainment district; Taipei Main Station; and cosmopolitan Xinyi district.

In the posts below, I've highlighted popular hotels in each of these 3 hot zones:

..... Ximending district:

taipeidreams.com/2010/…

..... Taipei Main Station:

taipeidreams.com/2010/…

..... Xinyi district:

taipeidreams.com/2011/…

Take your pick from these popular hotels.

Happy touring!

TaipeiAlive :-)

http://taipeidreams.com

3. Re: Best area to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2013, 10:22