We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

amba hotel question

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
amba hotel question

Hi,

i would like to know if the 'medium' twin/king room is too small and that I should book the 'large or extra large' king. I have decided to stay here based on the great reviews. also, my travel agency quoted $230 a night ,covering tax and breakfast , for the 'medium twin room'. Isnt that a bit high?

thanks and looking forward to your response.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
171 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: amba hotel question

2 of us stayed in the medium king room recently. The room size is adequate for 2 people. It has a king size bed, 2 side tables, TV on the wall, small sofa (for 1 person) and small writing table. The shower and toilet are separated and there is a long waist height cabinet that houses the wash basin, mini fridge and room safe.

We paid an average of USD 120 nett per night, breakfast included, booked through HotelClub. Search the hotel reservations websites for a better rate. $230 (USD??) is way too much.

san francisco
Level Contributor
174 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: amba hotel question

Thank you very much for your fast reply. I will book it separately.

London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: amba hotel question

Amba seems a nice new hotel, right in the middle of Ximending. I was going to stay there myself on my trip to Taipei, but in the end plumped for Park Taipei Hotel, in the quieter and more affluent Da'an District (and closer to Taipei 101).

You can book the rooms direct with the hotel for around £90 per night, so quite why you were quoted £150 with your agency, seems that you were being ripped off.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: amba hotel question

Clackers2011,

Did you find the Park Taipei hotel in a convenient location and accessible to MRT? what about eateries around the hotel? We also want a hotel that offer a good selection of asian varieties in their breakfast. were you happy with the room itself?

thanks,

Ljhomer

London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: amba hotel question

Very late back to this reply, sorry.

But yes, Park Hotel Taipei is a great location to the MRT. In fact the Brown Line MRT runs right outside the hotel (Dan'an station just 2 minutes westward).

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: amba hotel question

not too late.. thank you!

7. Re: amba hotel question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 21:42