We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Typhoon Guchol and Earthquake

Which Taipei hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Typhoon Guchol and Earthquake

Hi, I'm travelling to taipei on the19th of July which is in 2 days time and I heard about the typhoon and series of earthquakes that happened today!! Is it still safe to go to taipei? Will the shops and all be closed? I really need all the advice if i should carry on with my trip or don't go! Thank you!! Is the damage to taipei alot?

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
5,209 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Typhoon Guchol and Earthquake

Do you mean June?

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Typhoon Guchol and Earthquake

As I know, no one get hurt in Taipei, some mountain area has been damaged, but not a big problem for travel in city.

Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Typhoon Guchol and Earthquake

My family and myself will be leaving for Taipei on 20th June and based on current weather situation, I am also thinking if it will be wise to cancel the trip.

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
1,693 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Typhoon Guchol and Earthquake

No need to cancel if just traveling around the cities , it's just like visit a place in a rain season .The rain will not falling all the day , and sometimes , like yesterday ,is sunny and hot .

Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Typhoon Guchol and Earthquake

But it looks like it's going to be a very fierce typhoon and flooding will be expected. Furthermore I am travelling with 2 toddlers. Guess we will be spending a lot of time indoor.

Langkawi, Malaysia
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Typhoon Guchol and Earthquake

Hi,

I am still in taipei now. According to the report of Taiwan's Meteorology, the typhoon is expecting by this week. however, based to the situation and current weather in Taiwan now, it is still ok and not a big problem if you visit to Taipei.

have a nice day

Cheers

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Typhoon Guchol and Earthquake

is it safe to travel to taipei from 23 june to 30 june

Taichung, Taiwan
Level Contributor
397 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Typhoon Guchol and Earthquake

everything is fine right now

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Typhoon Guchol and Earthquake

My daughter is in Taipei now. She updated that things are fine. Drizzling.

10. Re: Typhoon Guchol and Earthquake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 06:17