We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rates for Full Day car hire

Singapore
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
Rates for Full Day car hire

Hi,

I've been quoted a rate of NT11000 for two full day car hire for 6 pax (5 adults, 1 child). His quote is for a 9 seater. I did not specifically ask for a 9-seater. I randomly pick a recommended driver from this forum.

Day 1

- Yeliu

- Jiufen

- Jinguashi

- Pingxi

- Keelung (Miaokou NM + Dinner)

Day 2

- Maokong Gondola

- Danshui old street

- Fisherman's Wharf (sunset + dinner)

We'll be staying at CityInn Plus in Ximending.

Would like to check with forummers here if the above quote is a reasonable one? He did not mention the no. of hours included, but I'll assume it to be the standard 8~10 hrs.

Thank you.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei, Taichung
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rates for Full Day car hire

Don't really need a hired cab for day 2. These places are easily accessible using MRT (Metro Taipei).

Singapore
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rates for Full Day car hire

TaiwanDIY,

Thanks much for your reply.

I have three 70+ elderlys and a child in my group, so we think it'll be more convenient to hire a vehicle for the trip. In case we make purchases, we will also not have to lug them with us on the metro :-)

Would you think the charges quoted is a reasonable one?

Thank you.

Singapore
Level Contributor
592 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rates for Full Day car hire

Agree with taiwanDIY. Day 2 doesn't need to hire a cab. Moreover, I feel that NT11000 is too much. Day 1 normally driver will charge NT3000-NT3500. I've hired A-Bin for Day 1, he charges me NT3500 for 6adults + 2child. Heard he is good. He answers all my questions in the email and he replies quite fast. Was recommended by the forummers here.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei, Taichung
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rates for Full Day car hire

The quoted rate seems to be on the high side, in my opinion. Check in TA forum what price travellers pay to hire cabs for similar day trips.

Singapore
Level Contributor
592 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rates for Full Day car hire

I've hired A-Bin for 7adults & 2child which cost NT5000

Singapore
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rates for Full Day car hire

@ taiwanDIY,

Thank you again for your reply. I saw charges at NT3500 ~ NT4000 but I've 6 pax and it's a 9-seater, so thought perhaps they go by type of vehicle and no. of pax.

@ jesagal :

I've asked for quote from another driver but did not get a reply. Perhaps I will get a quote from A-Bin too.

Thanks much.

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rates for Full Day car hire

If you're thinking about convenient, then you're right to choose vehicle rental for your elderly and kid group. It's really a big hassle for them to walk around looking for direction and transportation. Maybe the quote slightly higher due to 9 seater and I believe it won't be the same price if you can get Toyota Wish 7 seater quote. Do search around if time permit.

Singapore
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Rates for Full Day car hire

@ danielJBMY :

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it's for convenience and didn't want to tire them out. Furthermore, it's a full day out.

Have received a second quote of NT8000 (NT4000 for each day) for a 7-seater SUV. So, I've decided to go with the second quote, not just the price but he took the initiative to add in places which are along the same route.

Thank you.

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rates for Full Day car hire

enjoy your trip and please write your feedback about them once you're back

Singapore
Level Contributor
84 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rates for Full Day car hire

I am actually also weighting up whether to get a full day driver to do a similar trip as stated in day 1 here. Can i just check whether how much will the normal cab fare be like from keelung night market back to hotel near xmd? This will most likely swing my decision whether to hire a full day driver as i think that by the time we finish the keelung night market, it would be 1-2am already.

Thanks