We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to Keelung Night Market

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
86 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi to Keelung Night Market

Hi all, I have a couple of questions on transportation to Keelung Night Market which I hope you guys out there can help.

1. Approximately how much will a cab fare from Taipei to the night market cost?

2. Is it easy to take a cab back to Taipei from the night market, and where can we get a cab? Anywhere along the road?

Hope to hear from you guys soon! Thanks in advance! :)

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi to Keelung Night Market

I suspect cab will cost a lot as it's far.

Can consider: Train from Taipei Main Station to Keelung: NT$43 to NT$66, ~40 min

Check details on TRA website.

Kuo Kuang buses depart Taipei West Bus Terminal A to Keelung bus station. Frequency: 10 to 20 mins. Fare NT$55 Travel time: 50 mins. http://www.kingbus.com.tw

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi to Keelung Night Market

An Estimate of NT$500 Or slightly Less, if U take from ZhongXiao FuXing MRT Station. It is defnitely More from XMD or TPE Main station area.

if U are going to Jiufen, U can Bus to Jiufen Then Later (Around 6 Pm or 7pm) Bus down to Keelung & walk to the MiaoKou Night Market.

TA Link below can help with Transportation to jiufen, down to Keelung.

tripadvisor.com/…25807655

Hope this Helps.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
86 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi to Keelung Night Market

Thanks for your reply! May I know if it's easy to get a cab back to Taipei from the night market? Cheers! :)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi to Keelung Night Market

Should be easy But If it is Rainy; maybe Not.

I walk to Ruifang & Take the TRA Back to Taipei Main Station last time.

But Notice Not many Taxi & it is rainy at the time.

So Just prepare Alternative Method using Google Map on How to walk to Ruifang TRA station for Train back to Taipei Main Station then change to MRT to Ur Final Destination. :D It is a Long Journey (About 1hr or so) But better than to wait around with No Taxi in sight.

Good Luck

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi to Keelung Night Market

We caught a taxi to and from Keelung and there was no problem at all in getting one. However, the biggest problem we had with taxis is the language barrier. I always had to get someone to write down where we were going in Mandarin. In fact, hailing a taxi anywhere in Taipei was not a problem.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi to Keelung Night Market

Hi CM Lim

Just a Correction on the Train Station Above;

It should be Keelung TRA Station Instead of Ruifang TRA Station which would take me many day to walk to from KeeLung LOL :D

"I walk to Keelung & Take the TRA Back to Taipei Main Station last time.

But Notice Not many Taxi & it is rainy at the time.

So Just prepare Alternative Method using Google Map on How to walk to Keelung TRA station for Train back to Taipei Main Station then change to MRT to Ur Final Destination. :D It is a Long Journey (About 1hr or so) But better than to wait around with No Taxi in sight."

Cheers

7. Re: Taxi to Keelung Night Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 05:16