We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Layover too short?

minnesota
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Layover too short?

We are considering a flight through Taipei on our way to Bangkok but it will only have a 90 minute layover. I'm concerned this may not be enough time.

Will our bags be checked through, or will we have to collect our luggage to go through customs and immigration? I'd we do, will we have enough time to go through that process and then go back through the security checkpoint? I'd hate to start our trip off with a missed connection.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
573 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Layover too short?

Are these 2 different tickets or 1 ticket with 2 flight segments? Which airlines are you traveling?

minnesota
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Layover too short?

It is one flight booked straight through to Bangkok- laying over in Taipei. The airline is Delta/China Airlines.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
573 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Layover too short?

You should be OK. If both flights are on 1 booking, even if your inbound is late, they will need to rebook you if you miss your next leg. Transfer security is fairly quick in Taipei and even if you need to change terminals, 90 minutes should be enough to leisurely walk. T1 and T2 are connected physically.

Taipei Taiwan
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei
Level Contributor
7,950 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Layover too short?

You bags will get checked through to Bkk from your departure point so they will handle that. You will have to remain in transit i.e. you will not have to leave the Airport and they will guide you to the next gate if you have to change planes on arrival . No worries about time -no additional paperwork necessary either

5. Re: Layover too short?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2014, 06:16