We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around to tourist sites

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Topic
Getting around to tourist sites

I am staying at the Yomi hotel in Zhongshan District. Any advice on most convenient/cost effective way to get to these places to visit?

1. Elephant mountain

2. Maokong Gondola

3. Taipei 101

4. Shilin market

5. Tamshui

6. Taipei zoo

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting around to tourist sites

Not an answer - but a related question. I thought people who could answer the posted questions might also have info for me.

We have one long day as a layover in Taipei (arrive early AM; leave late PM) on the way to Australia. Any suggested guides or tours to hit a few interesting places in Taipei on our one day visit?

Thanks!

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
573 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting around to tourist sites

They are all accessible by MRT except Elephant Mountain, which is an uphill climb from near 101. For 101, it is a 15 minute walk from the MRT station or you can take the occasional free shuttle.

Taipei Taiwan
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei
Level Contributor
7,950 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting around to tourist sites

HI, You did not mention what time your arrive and depart. perhaps you can opt for the Free Half day tour for Transit passengers-You might be eligible. Kindly peruse the information in the link: …taiwan.net.tw/auser/…free_half-day_tour.htm

4. Re: Getting around to tourist sites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2014, 05:18