We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sightseeing for just 1/2 day

Which Taipei hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
boston
Level Contributor
155 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Sightseeing for just 1/2 day

Hi, I'm going to be in Taipei for just 1 morning staying at the Hotel Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport. I'll be arriving at night and leaving for the states the next day at 17:10. What can I do for such a short time? As much as I'd love to stay at least another night, I can't. So I'm limited to what I can do in just 1/2 day. Would I take a taxi or would the hotel be able to provide anything? And where would I go that wouldn't be too far from the airport that would give me just a taste of Taipei? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Johor Bahru
Destination Expert
for Johor Bahru
Level Contributor
980 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sightseeing for just 1/2 day

Sanxia and Yingge might suit you. They are near each other as well as near to Taoyuan.

Yingge is known as a global pottery center, with pottery available in such abundance and variety that Yingge is a virtual "City of Pottery."

eng.taiwan.net.tw/m1.aspx?sNo=0017973&jid=121

Ho Chi Minh City...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sightseeing for just 1/2 day

I have just created an recommended itinerary for you. Some sightseeings like Chang Kai-Sek Memory Hall, Taipei 101, Shilin Night Market is suitable for you. For some tastes of Taipei, Pineapple cake and Chou Doufu is quite good. Taipei has The Taiwan Tourist Shuttle service and MRT but your trip is short, taxi is good for your choice.

This is the itinerary.

fiuzu.com/plan/2-days-in-taipei-itinerary-ta…

I hope you can enjoy your time in Taipei.

Happy travelling :)

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for Taipei, Hualien County, Nantou County, Taichung, Taiwan
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sightseeing for just 1/2 day

If your flight doesn't arrive very late you can actually consider to spend the night at Taipei. Taiwan is a safe place so it's OK to be out at night. In this case you can spend the next day to visit the city by either MRT or taxi.

If you stay at Novotel and you want to visit Taipei City, you have to either take taxi, go back to airport to take the bus, or use hotel's shuttle bus to HSR station and take HSR to Taipei.

Edited: 11 March 2014, 15:25
boston
Level Contributor
155 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sightseeing for just 1/2 day

Thanks for all the info. I also found a 3 hour city bus tour leaving at 8:00 that hits most of the highlights of Taipei which would work . There is also a 3 hour tour of the pottery area. I wish I had more time... Thanks again...

5. Re: Sightseeing for just 1/2 day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 04:19