We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellent Taiwan driver

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
75 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Excellent Taiwan driver

I have a high recommendation for a driver around Taiwan... Mr. Huang.

I have just returned from a 8 day holiday in Taiwan. For 6 of those days we used a fantastic driver - Mr. Huang.(who has a 7 seater car) to take us around the island (we were 5 passengers from Australia). He is reliable (always was there to pick us up as planned, he even loaned us a mobile so we could call him when we were ready to move on) and has full integrity. His English is basic, but he uses a translator which is effective. I highly recommend him and he can be contacted on +886-937090903 or bank600507@yahoo.com.tw. We had planned to hire a car and drive ourselves and am so glad we didn't as we were exhausted each day and actually saved a lot of money using his local experience instead.

dallas
Level Contributor
339 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellent Taiwan driver

Hello girls,

I didn’t know you had this original post here regarding Mr Huang. I sent him a text message and say Hello for you, I got a reply from Mr Huang next morning. He said he was happy to know you guys enjoyed his car service with you all and he wish you and your family would come back to Taiwan for another visit soon. Me and my family are really excited for our trip and we are going to visit Hong Kong for a week and will come to visit Taiwan for another week. Super Excited!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
75 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellent Taiwan driver

Thank you for making contact JoJo. Have a great time in HK and Taiwan. I know you will! Blue skies!

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellent Taiwan driver

if we are a group of 6 people can he provide transport service too?

Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellent Taiwan driver

Hello!

In which part of Taiwan did you go? When hiring him do you also have to pay for his hotel and food?

How much per day did you spend approximately?

Thank you!

Sophie

Singapore, Singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellent Taiwan driver

be careful when engaging driver for Taiwan round trip. We just had a very bad experience with a driver

寥振杉(Liao). On the third day we were half way dumped by him because we went to the wrong route

. I have never come across such a bad behavior service provider. Is a very bad experience. We have

lodged a police report in Taiwan and Taiwan Tourist board. Case still on and we intend to seek for legal

proceeding if can't get positive reply from Taiwan.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
48 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellent Taiwan driver

Hi, can I know what is the rate that he charge you per day? Thanks.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellent Taiwan driver

Really?! I have met Mr Liao for a few times and he has been very nice to me and my friends. Guess there must be some misunderstandings between you and him, right?

Hope you can have a nice experience next time. ^_^

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excellent Taiwan driver

Last October , I met Mr Liao . He brought us around for 8 days and everything was nicely arranged.

Brought us around to try different type of food and snacks.

This April 10-18, my group of 8 relatives were very happy with him too.

10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Excellent Taiwan driver

After reading so much about Coke Liao we decided to use his service recently. However we must say it was a great disappointment.

We booked his service a couple months before going there and he mentioned his "apprentice" would be taking us around for most part of the trip. We asked about his service and how would we know if he is good, so he strongly assured and guaranteed that his "apprentice" would be of the same standard.

He picked us up from airport and sent us to our hotel outside taipei and in that couple hours, he was totally evasive when asked for the name and contact number of his so called "apprentice". However we decided to take his words and give him the benefit of the doubt as he seemed ok and was quite friendly in that trip.

To our great disappointment, he sent a regular cab driver. The driver though was patient and honest but he hardly knew anything about hosting a trip. When asked about taiwan, whether it is the landmarks or history, he mostly has no idea. While we appreciate his honestly, it really is not worth paying the premium through Coke Liao only to get a taxi driver. Could have flag a cab driver along the street to take us from point A to point B. The driver also admitted that he hardly had any experience hosting a group.

On our last day, Coke arranged a driver to take us to airport. We had a very early flight and the driver was supposed to pick us at 5am. Sadly he DID NOT turn up. Imagine waiting at the street along the hotel, with lotsa luggage and a baby in tow.

Coke Liao did not pick up our repeated phone calls or bother replying to whatsapp. He didn't share driver's contact number either, not sure why he is so secretive about that.

No reply, no apology, no explanation, nothing.

It certainly was not what we expected from all the rave reviews about him. His actions showed thoroughly

1) His irresponsibility

2) His dishonestly

3) His lack of integrity

So please do think twice before engaging his services.

10. Re: Excellent Taiwan driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 August 2016, 10:35