We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon plan - any comments welcome

Sydney
Level Contributor
144 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Honeymoon plan - any comments welcome

My fiance are getting married in January 2008 and have decided on Thailand as our honeymoon destination as we can be spoilt rotten at a decent price in comparison to the UK (where I hail from originally) and Australia (where we live now).

After reading many reviews on this site, we have decided on the following:

3 nights at the Oriental Bangkok (much amusement in the Peninsula v the Bangkok debate on the site, but think the tradition and the service of the Oriental is more our taste).

7 nights in a Jamjuree suite at Treetops Arasia (many contrasting posts, but a collegue stayed there recently and has told me which suite I should request for privacy and quiet and am totally sold on cocktails in the jacuzzi at sunset!)

4 nights in one of the new beachfront suites at Phi Phi Island Village (can't keep away from my bath with a view!).

I might be wasting my time asking for feedback as I have researched Thai accommodation greatly, but any valuable feedback would be greatly appreciated before we book.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon plan - any comments welcome

Envious!!!

Perth Aust
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon plan - any comments welcome

We've just returned from 10 nights at Treetops and couldn't recommend anywhere better for a honeymoon. We stayed in the Jamjuree suites and they are excellently appointed, you get great privacy. The service was excellent and staff were always really friendly.

The other bonus is that Surin Beach is only a 5 minute walk away or you can take the shuttle from the hotel to the beach. The beach is really clean and there are no rocks, i've been told that a lot of the Patong beaches aren't that great.

Good luck with your honeymoon, we had a great time and make sure you have dinner once at Mom Tri's restaurant at Treetops, the food was amazing and the service was excellent.

Treetops Fan!!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon plan - any comments welcome

I think this will be a fabulous honey moon. Am very envious.

4. Re: Honeymoon plan - any comments welcome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 13:16