We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Samui situation!!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
367 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
My Samui situation!!!

Im trying to choose between -

Buri Rasa Village - (in the action of chaweng beach but set back enough that you dont hear street noise etc)

and

Kandaburi - (about 900m away from action of chaweng beach)

theres about $90AUS difference per night between the two - Kandaburi being the cheaper.

Kandaburi probably looks the nicer of the two - both have excellent reviews, but im a little worried about the distance but 900m isnt THAT far...and were only there for 3 nights.

any suggestions?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My Samui situation!!!

I would be using that extra $90 to get tanked on cocktails instead!! To use a tuktuk for the 900 meter might cost you 100 baht but it is no way going to add up to $270 worth of transport over 3 days!!!!

bangkok
Level Contributor
2,218 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My Samui situation!!!

i f you are so worried about 900m, hire a limo.

GET REAL!!!

obviously no ANZAC spirit left in sydneysiders these days.

bkk3

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
367 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My Samui situation!!!

what on earth does 900m have to do with anzac spirit?

i was simply asking for peoples opinions on the distance and whether or not its a big deal/if they have any regrets from past experiences etc.

seriously, next time say something constructive or dont post at all.

bangkok
Level Contributor
2,218 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My Samui situation!!!

You state that you think Kandaburi is 900m (did you use a tape measure?) away from the "action" and "isn't THAT far". This gives the perception that you are not prepared to walk 900m, too hard for you?

are you sleeping at night with all the worry.

900m will take you approx 5/6 minutes to walk at the average walking pace of 4 km/h.

it's bad enougfh on this forum when people think that walking for 15 mins is too much for them in BKK, but 6 minutes - GET REAL!!!

i'm sure if there was a glitzy shopping mall 900m away it would be no trouble.

bkk3

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
367 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My Samui situation!!!

You're a joke-

READ WHAT I WROTE

"but im a little worried about the distance but 900m isnt THAT far...and were only there for 3 nights"

IN ESSENCE IM SAYING 900m isnt very far especially if were only doing it a few times over three days.

i think you owe me an apology, and i'd think very carefully about the next time you try to judge someone.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
663 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My Samui situation!!!

bbk3,

I second what kimberleyjane said. I think you need to take a chill-pill and apologise to her.

This is trip-advisor and should not be a forum for rudeness, you clearly took her out of context.

Remember this is a forum to advise people about their trips, and offer constructive advice.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
367 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My Samui situation!!!

Couldn't agree with you more jane56.

Some people spoil it for the rest of us.

london
Level Contributor
403 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My Samui situation!!!

900meters is is twice and a bit around a running track,not far at all.

just go with what ever you feel is the best for you.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
367 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My Samui situation!!!

thanks tag

yeah i dont think its that far really, i do alot of running and 900m is nothing substantial, plus it might be nice to be a bit secluded!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
367 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My Samui situation!!!

BKK3

Im still waiting on your apology.

If you want to galavant around the forum posting your strong opinions ....at least have the decency to admit and apologise when your wrong.