We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Bank of England £20 note.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
New Bank of England £20 note.

The new notes are beginning to filter through into Scotland.(must be a good exchange rate).Has anyone been using them in Thailand.If so are there any problems or should I use the old style?

Or should I use $ Bills instead.

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Bank of England £20 note.

Anybody ???????????????

manchester
Level Contributor
145 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Bank of England £20 note.

was out in phuket in may,changed the new twenty pound notes no problem.

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
16,035 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New Bank of England £20 note.

Keep in mind that usually the larger the denomination the (slightly) more return you may get in Thailand. This is the way it works with U.S. dollars anyway!

If you intend to go out of your way to seek out and bring 20 pound notes because you don't want to be stuck with Thai baht - don't worry about it! You will have an opportunity at the airport to change Thai baht back to your home currency before you fly home.

I keep enough small bills with me for cheap purchases and stuff I need to pay for in transit and only bring the largest denomination notes that I can with me.

I don't think it will be necessary to switch your currency for U.S. dollars, but if you do bring U.S. dollars - only bring the $100 sizes. I never hear or read from any UK citizens that they ever have a problem changing their money over. Wait until you get to Thailand to change your money over to Thai baht, you will get a better rate than back home or in any other country.

4. Re: New Bank of England £20 note.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 08:25