We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area to go two adults, two children, safety, etc

Guernsey CI UK
Level Contributor
125 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Best area to go two adults, two children, safety, etc

Hi, I am planning first trip to Thailand next Feb with two children age 11 and 13 and would like some help with the best area to go. A friend has sugggested Krabi as the most beautiful but would welcome any other suggestions. Would really like a lovely hotel in unspoilt setting, beautiful views, on the beach with good swimming, snorkelling, etc and maybe some local colour. Also is it safe to visit Thailand, have looked at Foreign Office website and it all sounds a bit scarey still, thank you

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area to go two adults, two children, safety, etc

Thailand is safe, but I would avoid the far south for a family holiday. In Thailand, like most other tourist destinations, routine awareness and caution, similar to how you would behave at home, should suffuce to ensure a happy holiday. The biggest threat to your safety is probably a traffic accident, and even that risk can be minmized through simple caution and awareness. I, and many, many others on this board travel regularly in Thailand with our families.

As far as destinations, Krabi is a place I would like to go with my family. Phuket is popular but has grown tremendously. Hua Hin is convenient to Bangkok. Not being a "beach" person, I prefer the North. The options are great. I am confident you will have a great vacation where ever you choose.

2. Re: Best area to go two adults, two children, safety, etc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 14:20