We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who has been to Thailand in October

edmonton
Level Contributor
315 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Who has been to Thailand in October

I just have a question for those who have been to Thailand during October.

How is it then?? Temp? Rain? do you see lots of sun? is it worth going during this time of year.

I have search this and found alot of people asking aboout the weather and i have look at weather sites and they all say the same thing it is rain season from june - oct, but i wanna know is it worth going???

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who has been to Thailand in October

Hi shab!

I went in November so while doing my research and just chatting to people here many of those I talked to went last October. It rained and rained however as most said the showers come and go so you just work around it.

Go back to posts around October and early November and read some of the JBRs they should help.

Wen

edmonton
Level Contributor
315 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Who has been to Thailand in October

Thanks for the fast reply, has anyone else been in October and have info the share??

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
4,695 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who has been to Thailand in October

hi

I was in Krabi late Oct early November 2006

had fantastic weather it did rain but only about an hr at 4 to 6 pm a few days.

it is always hot there unless you go far north like to Chaing mai or Issan area.

November is the beginning of high season.

I also was in Hua Hin in Sept 2006 had great weather

also.

it is worth going any time of the year

New Zealand
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Who has been to Thailand in October

Hi

I was in Bangkok for a week in early october last year,had one day where it rained most of the day the rest of the time was just morning or evening rain.The mornings were pleasantly cool and from about 11am very hot still had plenty of sun.

Hope this helps

Kevin

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Who has been to Thailand in October

Hi, we were there last October as well. While in Bangkok it did not rain, Kanchanaburi no rain but Phuket well it poured. Out of our 2 weeks there were probably 1 to 2 days where it cleared up for a while, but we'd wake up each morning to more rain. We still found plenty to do but did not do any boat trips because of the weather.

Personally, even though it was a very cheap holiday I'd wait until the rainy season was gone before going again.

Rene

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Who has been to Thailand in October

October is usually the heaviest rainfall of the season, but not all day. It stops quite abruptly at the end of October.

7. Re: Who has been to Thailand in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 02:17