We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cosmetic Surgery

Perth
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cosmetic Surgery

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good Cosmetic Surgeon either in Phuket or Bangkok.

Thanks

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cosmetic Surgery

It may be wise to stick to reputable hospitals in Bangkok, such as Bumrungrad, BNH, Vibhavadhi, etc.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
962 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cosmetic Surgery

I've done a ton of research. I found a good one in Chiang Mai. His name is Dr. Lee. He hates quacks! He attends conventions as a guest speaker all over the world.

His name is Dr. Lee. He speaks English enough to understand. Just as a point of interest... In Asia there is a book called "Marquis Who's Who in Asia 2007." It is quite an honor to be in this book.

Only the best professionals are chosen for this book. He is in the book. He was just chosen to be in the Marquis World Who's Who."

His site is www.drleethailand

And yes, I have met with him. (January, 2008) Apparently all the professionals in Chiang Mai use Dr. Lee. I have also met with a patient who had a face lift done a year a go, who is also a Doctor. The work looks good. He doesn't do the old fashioned kind of face lift. It doesn't require hospitalization. His work lasts for 20 years.

I'm not sure what you are having done. Dr. Lee does face work. His prices are from 60,000 B to 70,0000 B (60,000 B = $1900. US)

I'll be seeing him in October. *Hope this helps you! J.

Richmond, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cosmetic Surgery

I would like to recommend you consider having cosmetic surgery in Mexico. I had wonderful and inexpensive surgical results and a fabulous vacation in San Miquel de Allende. I am not advertising for anyone but I would be happy to recommend http:faceliftmexico.com for more information if you are interested. I am just a former patient.

wickgeo

London, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cosmetic Surgery

I can't recommend any costmetic sugeons because I've never had any but I do know a lot of people travel to Phuket for sugery.

I don't know if there are many hospitals there but Phuket International Hospital is a private hospital that specifically caters for foreign tourists and residents.

x

Prescott
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cosmetic Surgery

I also highly recommend my surgeon in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Dr. Miguel Gonzales at the Michaelango Clinic is just superb! I had a complete deep plane face lift, upper and lower eyelids and necklift about four years ago. Three more of my friends have been there since, all with outstanding results. Cabo is a lovely place to go and I recommend Los Milagros as a quiet and charming place to stay to recuperate. Sandra, the owner will help you with all the little extra details you might need as you recuperate.

My work is subtle but years later I am still thrilled with the results!

Perth
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cosmetic Surgery

Thanks everyone for your recommendations I am looking at breast augmentation so I will look into the information you have all given me.

colorado
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Cosmetic Surgery

Bumrungrad Hospital,Yanhee Hospital and Bangmod Hospital...

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
962 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cosmetic Surgery

*A word of caution...

Hmm... You can't always trust a web site. ~Always look at before and after pictures. If you don't see pictures posted... choose another surgeon.

Web sites can be deceiving...

I was thinking of having a sun glass lift but changed my mind because of 2 reasons. I didn't really need it and because of my friend's experience.

My friend had a sun glass face lift by Dr.Lee in Chiang Mai. She was left looking like a stroke victim. She now needs a skin graft inside one eye as

too much skin was removed from her face. And this is a common practice.

Apparently 3% (...or more?) patients that have Thailand Face lifts are left with eyes looking like a stroke victim. There are some good surgeons there but you will pay more. Best to pay more and choose a surgeon in Bangkok.

Perth
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Cosmetic Surgery

Ok thank you I will look into it further

10. Re: Cosmetic Surgery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 08:18