We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We are back... Sorry it took so long

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
233 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
We are back... Sorry it took so long

Hi Everyone,

Sorry, I have failed you all with a prompt update on our trip. We got back and all hell broke loose here and time got away from me.

What a great time we had in Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Bangkok and then Khao Lak. Thank you all for your wonderful information, you were spot on with your recommendations and we couldn't have had a more wonderful time.

Our tour guides Sergeant Kai and Tong were wonderful. We all got weepy when we had to leave Sergeant Kai after being with him for a week. Sophia (our 5-year old) still talks about him 3-months after the fact.

I created a travel blog where you can all read the details of our trip n detail. I still need to finish-up Khao Lak, I will do that tonight. Here is the link to my list of blogs: http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/aj63/

I hope everyone is doing well!!! Thanks again all of your so much. I will check-in to help answer questions too.

Angela :)

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
419 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: We are back... Sorry it took so long

Hi Angela,

Glad to hear you had a great trip!!!

I was in Thailand last November and had a ball. Also went to the Elephant nature park and tour with tong.

Great blog also, thanks for sharing :)

Lorree

Ca
Level Contributor
294 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We are back... Sorry it took so long

Thanks, for your wonderful travel blog - I really enjoyed it. And what a beautiful family!

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
233 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We are back... Sorry it took so long

Thank you both so much for your comments.

Hey Eljay_99, how was your trip. I was just thinking about you last night wondering how South Africa went. You went there too didn't you. Did you make all your budget points. I hope you had a great time.

AJ :)

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We are back... Sorry it took so long

Hi Angela, I spent last night reading your blogs, they were great. We also loved the Floating Markets, Tong makes sure you get the best tastiest food and see so much more of it.

Glad to see the tiger cub still as feisty as ever LOL, he was so cute though, the kids put him as our screen saver on the computer.

You did a very good job especially with the age of your children and got to see and experience so much, well done.

Rene

colorado
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: We are back... Sorry it took so long

Welcome back..

Been reading your blog..loved it.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
419 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: We are back... Sorry it took so long

Hi Angela

boy u have a good memory :)

My trip went great!! I'm so glad I went and I hope one day I can do it again!

South Africa was awesome!! A truely amazing place and so beautiful!! Very much like Oz (countryside wise).

Would go back in a heart beat!!

Budget was a tad tight due to hiring a car in SA for 2 weeks, but well worth it.

My only downfall was that I was so tight on the pocket string while in Thailand because I was worried about not having enough money for SA that I didn't get a lot of things that I wanted to. I bought nothing back with me that shows that I've been to Thailand :(

You planning any more trips?

Lorree

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,935 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We are back... Sorry it took so long

Angela your blog was wonderful, it was so lovely reading about a familys adventures, your girls are little sweeties and you certainly have lots of good memories from your holiday.

Cathy

8. Re: We are back... Sorry it took so long

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 09:20