We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thailand or Japan in December?

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
143 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Thailand or Japan in December?

Planning a trip to Asia December 09 and researched Japan and Thailand but want to pick only one. Japan seems more exciting but I'm concerned on winter weather. Thailand seems more rural and would love to get to Angkor Wat but the weather should be better. First time to the orient with my wife and eventually will do both. But need a push one way or another. Expect to fly out from West Coast and have 2 weeks on the ground. Your thoughts appreciated

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thailand or Japan in December?

hi

like compareing apples and oranges.

what are you looking for in your trip?

Japan will be much much more expensive.

thailand will be friendly warm comfortable. fantastic beaches and laid back if you want.

Japan will be exciting. unbanized and intense.

both have great culture but totaly different.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
143 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thailand or Japan in December?

I know they are so opposite which is why I want both! I think I'll just drop this one in my wife's lap and let her pick! I go back and forth but maybe i should let the weather be my guide and do Japan some other spring! Thanks for your thoughts!

3. Re: Thailand or Japan in December?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 14:16