We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

camping on phi phi leh....yay or nay!

Dublin
Level Contributor
104 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
camping on phi phi leh....yay or nay!

Ive seen on the net that they have introduced camping on phi phi leh... is it worth it? or is a day trip enough? Im heading to thailand in July and will be probably staying on phi phi don for 4-5days. its an amazing idea to camp on the island- you would be the last ones there and could experience the whole beach to yourself (and the group)... but i hear there are jungle rats???? ok, i know its an island and obviously there are rats everywhere, but im pretty terrified! is it worth getting over my fear?

also where should i stay on phi phi don?

Thanks

Travel Series
Hiking & Camping Tours
Chiang Mai Handy Tour
Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Eco Tours, Multi-day Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours
Elephant Family Care
River Rafting & Tubing, Eco Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips
Siam River Adventures
Kayaking & Canoeing, River Rafting & Tubing, Bike Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: camping on phi phi leh....yay or nay!

We looked into doing the overnight trip but just didn't have enought time - its on the top of my to do list when we return, it looked amazing!

I say do it!

Its so crowded during the day that this would be a wonderful opportunity to really take it all in.

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: camping on phi phi leh....yay or nay!

Does anyone have a link .. it sounds amazing .. and if I were you I would definitely do it!!

Bugger the rats!! LOL

I havent stayed on PP before but it depends on your budget.. I have heard that Relax Beach Resort is great!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: camping on phi phi leh....yay or nay!

We stumbled across the place that organises the camp out by accident, just down one of the little side streets - can't recall the name but maybe Tigerbar can help with that?

Dublin
Level Contributor
104 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: camping on phi phi leh....yay or nay!

just google camping at maya bay, it should come up straight away! It looks interesting but im slightly freaked out by the rats still... Ill just have to see do i hear anything from ppl who experienced them and talk to ppl when Im there!

Krabi Town, Thailand
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: camping on phi phi leh....yay or nay!

hi the link is www.mayabaycamping.com

Krabi Town, Thailand
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: camping on phi phi leh....yay or nay!

hey you should read the reviews on trip advisor desination maya bay camping

No mention of rats but In know they are there

cheers

phil

7. Re: camping on phi phi leh....yay or nay!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 06:34