We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not too spicy meals?

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Not too spicy meals?

Hi,

I like thai food but I'm not very good with very spicy meals.Can someone tell me what kind of food I should eat on my trip to Thailand? Any particular names of mild meals? I really don't want to eat european food while in Thailand.

Thanks so much!!!

1. Re: Not too spicy meals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2009, 11:10
Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Not too spicy meals?

Thank you!That's brilliant, very pleased to hear that!

Bangkok, Thailand
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Not too spicy meals?

Yes I agree with that.. You can also sometimes tell what is spicy and what isn't. You really should try things spicier unless you have a medical condition. It will grow on you and you may never go back to blander styles of food. Chokdee

Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Not too spicy meals?

Things like cashew chicken aren't spicy at all. Also if you eat those chicken skewers at the street stalls, they aren't spicy. Some fried rice dishes aren't spicy. Most restaurants will respect your request for not too spicy.

Belgium
Level Contributor
617 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Not too spicy meals?

Most of those noodles soups aren't spicy, they give you the ingredients so you can make it more spicy yourself.

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Not too spicy meals?

Thank you for your responses!I'm sure there will be a lot of lovely food.I have no medical condition but every time I eat something very hot I regret it.I'm going to try anyway but it's good to know my options.

Thanks again!

7. Re: Not too spicy meals?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 March 2009, 04:53
Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Not too spicy meals?

As you order, whatever you order, say "mai ped kah" (not spicy) and smile.

Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Not too spicy meals?

*throw in "aow" (sound you make when you kick your toe) if you like. "mai aow ped kah" = I don't want it spicy.

10. Re: Not too spicy meals?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 07:28