We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Plan... =)

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
752 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
The Plan... =)

Okay, so we've finalised everything! Yay! Here is our plan...

22 Jan: Sydney - 14 nights [Family...]

06 Feb: Chiang Mai - 3 nights [Tamarind]

09 Feb: Bangkok - 4 nights [Davis]

13 Feb: Phuket - 10 nights [Burasari]

23 Feb: Bangkok - 2 nights [Davis]

25 Feb: Hong Kong - 7 nights [Family...]

I'm thinking this should give us time to see everything. Decided it might be best to wait till we get to the hotel to book the tours - possibly will email hotel in Chiang Mai prior though.

Many thanks to everyone who has helped me on the forum, you guys are great!

Ao Chalong / Rawai
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The Plan... =)

Hi Ashley and Rich

Glad to see that you have finished with the important part of your planning and have now decided to relax. You guys are so very lucy to be able to have this much time on the road and according to the times you have schedualed for you destinations it looks like you got some great advice and you chose well. Now it's time to stop chewing your nails untill you board the big silver bird and then the adventure will really begin.

Enjoy, and regards from Phuket

Richard & Megumi

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
752 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Plan... =)

Thanks Richard! Hopefully I can stay with family long enough to be able to afford to actually eat when we're there. They're driving me CRAZY at the moment. Haha!

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
394 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Plan... =)

Glad to hear you have made your plans! Would you mind telling me how you decided on Tamarind Village for your hotel in Chiang Mai? I was looking at it for our stay, but it is not clear if it is within walking distance to the Night Bazaar.

Also, how did you make your reservation for Tamarind Village?

Thanks and have a great time!

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
752 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Plan... =)

I am going to use AsiaRooms. Haven't booked all the hotels yet, just the flights... Hehehe...

And I decided on Tamarind because I wanted a little more Thai feel [I've managed to avoid chain hotels this whole trip] and also location seems good inside the Old City. And yes, apparently it is walking distance from the Night Bazaar, just not sure how far but I think I read 10 mins somewhere depending on your speed. :)

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
394 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Plan... =)

Thanks for your reply AshRich! For Chiang Mai hotels, did you by chance consider the Rydges Amora Tapae, Empress Hotel, or Chiang Mai Plaza Hotel? I'm curious to hear your thoughts as I am considering these places. Thanks again!