We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia specials

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Air Asia specials

For Aussies looking for some great deals Air Asia has just released the Aussie special.

Just booked Gold Coast to KL then on to Beijing returning from Hong Kong to Bangkok, then overland to KL and a flight home from KL to Gold Coast.

All flights for 2 including all taxes $511

Cheers

Bob

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Asia specials

awesome stuff Bob! Air Asia and their sales constantly make us book flights, because they are so bloody cheap!!

I'm trying to work out my dates for next yr..

when are you going?

Izzy

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Asia specials

We've booked June - July.

If just heading to KL the fares would have been $150 each return incl all taxes.

If you make a booking check out the one way fares as apposed to booking a return flight. We saved $50 each by booking one way tickets back from KL.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Asia specials

will do Bob.. melb to kl is $99

Melbourne
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Asia specials

I have never flown Air Asia but bought some tickets from KL to Phuket and Krabi to KL.

I am wondering if I should book from KL to melbourne - I understand it is a budget flight but are the economy seats extremelyy uncomfortable as stated in many reviews or is it OK from your experience??

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Asia specials

perfectly fine from my experience and the seats on melb to kl at the back are hardly booked out so you end up sitting anywhere after everyone is seated and move ..i had 3 seats to myself so i layed right out..it was great!

highly recommend them for the price..haha i cant even go to perth to cairns in aus for that price, its ridiculous!

Izzy

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,828 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Asia specials

I got my tickets too! so far $198 melb - kl and $17 kl - Bkk... still got to get a return ticket from somewhere in thailand to KL.. should stop procrastinating I guess!!

Izzy when u thinking of going?

We will be there July 1st - July 26 xx

Moremi Game...
Level Contributor
659 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Asia specials

The Gold Coast (coolangatta) to KL flight is good value but very uncomfortable as the seats don't recline at all. They said it was a new type of seat used on that route. It's an 8 hour flight and if i flew that route again i would choose another airline until they change the seats.

sydney
Level Contributor
215 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Asia specials

Thanks for the heads up,Bob,about booking one way tickets.It was definitely $50 cheaper per person back from KL.Cannot believe that it only cost $49 one way!

More sunset drinks money to spend hey! :-)

Still have to decide where to go from KL,but can probably wait till January when hopefully AA will have another promotion.

cheers

Joy

Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
1,953 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Asia specials

Having had the misfortune to score seats that back onto the bulkhead (these do not recline), on full priced airlines, you are no worse off comfort-wise flying AirAsia. A small pillow for the small of your back works wonders, as does the pleasure of saving over a thousand dollars to fly to Phuket and home again.

Moremi Game...
Level Contributor
659 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Asia specials

It's really uncomfortable sitting bolt up-right for 8 hours , trying to sleep with your head jammed against the seat in front. check that route on airline reviews and you'll realise they've had lots of complaints. I hope they change it soon as it's a pretty stupid design.