We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thailand

Fort St. John B.C
Level Contributor
214 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Thailand

Need lots of help. Would like to plan trip for 2011 to Thailand perhaps renting a house. Some look fantastic on VRBO. Anyway...can anyone tell me a few of the best places to stay anwhere along the coast. Like beaches, nice home, some nightlife, able to take day trips to different areas. Friends would like to go to Cambodia but I am really pusing towards Thailand. Also there is a big group of islands to the north - I can't find out what they are called but someone suggested they are wonderful for sailing around.

As you can tell I don't know very much about this area at all. Have usually travelled south to mexica, nicaragua and costa rica. Please help in any way you can. Thanks

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thailand

The most northern islands would likely be the Similans.

You talk about renting a house but don't say for how long or what time of year, as both would be relevant.

Thailand has a multitude of great beaches (not all on islands), including the over touristy islands of Phuket and Samui, the very slighty less touristy areas of Khao Lak, Krabi, Hua Hin, Cha Am, to the much less touristy areas of Pranburi, Prachuabkirikhan and Nakorn Si Thammarat.

Fort St. John B.C
Level Contributor
214 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thailand

Thank you for the information. It would be during March 2011 and probably for about 2 weeks or so.

Iraq
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Thailand

I would like to visit Thailand with my father sometime around Mar-April. I really would like to ride and elephant and take some pictures with a tiger, and lay on the beach and bar hop anyone have any suggestions? I f i see you there i'll buy you a beer for sure

Thanks

4. Re: Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2010, 05:15