I have 30 days in December and have a tough decision on where to go. I wanted to spend a few days in Japan before heading to Thailand, but am not sure if that is realistic.
I am hoping that some of you folks who have been there can give me your idea of how to spend my time the best. Must see places, must do activities, etc...
A little about me (30yo) and my wife (26yo):
- We have a fairly decent budget, nothing crazy but more than a typical backpacker.
- We want to spend the majority of our time in Thailand. Japan is really a stop to see Mt.Fuji and Tokyo, unless there is something else you think shouldn't be missed.
- When we travel we split our time evenly between adventure activities and relaxation.
- We love beaches.
- We are photographers.
- We try to go to at least one cooking class every trip
- We try to do something out of our comfort zone at least once every trip (ie We went canyoning for our first time in jordan, we are going kayaking with whales in Vancouver this summer, etc...)
- Although the entire trip is time for us to be together, I want to include at least one very special and romantic day with her.
- We are complete foodies and want to try street foods, fine dining, cultural dishes, locals favorites, etc...
I hope this is enough to get some responses. Thanks in advance for your help.