We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ko samui

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
ko samui

I am going to koh sumui from australia. I was going to bangkok then from there to koh sumui is this the best route. Also which is a nice place to stay overnight close to the airport in bangkok and a nice place to stay in ko samui thx

Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ko samui

Samui via Bangkok is (just about) the only way.

Bangkok airport hotel options here;

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293916-i3687-k286…

Check through the Koh Samui forum posts for ideas, and post your question about Samui hotels on that forum to get the most responses;

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g293918-i7560-Koh_…

...there's plenty of "nice places", so help people to help you by suggesting your preferred hotel budget per night, which location you'd prefer (busy, or not) etc.

Here's a thread on the Samui forum to get you started;

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293918-i7560-k331…

Edited: 03 February 2010, 23:47
Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
691 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ko samui

when are you going? I'm going in May. We fly out of Gold Coast to Kuala Lumpar stay over night and then onto Thailand.

We are flying Bangkok air down to ko Samui. staying at Amari Reef Resort.

why don't you go into Bangkok and have a look around? not far into the city from new airport.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ko samui

thankyou for your help

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ko samui

thanx for your help, I have decided to go in june, melb to bangkok, bangkok to koh Samui thai airways, funny i was only looking amari reef resort last night, looks ok, well have a great trip

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
691 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ko samui

I will let you know and show some pics of ko Samui so you know what to look foward to. should be good.

6. Re: ko samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2010, 05:17