We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anybody getting flu vaccine? and others.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
691 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
anybody getting flu vaccine? and others.

I've read on what vaccines are recommended and have never bothered before. but now after reading the pdf on my travel insurance I'm thinking twice, especially about the flu vaccine. They give no cover if you aquire the avian flu or HNN1.

I'm traveling in May from Chiang Mai down to Ko Samui.

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,249 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anybody getting flu vaccine? and others.

Hi coxie,

I think that,s a question that can only be answered by your doctor. From my past experiences with picking things up it's usually the flight you need to worry about. All that time on the plane with people spluttering and coughing.

As for myself I'm just headed for Bangkok and will not be getting shots. If I was venturing anywhere remote I would probably look at hep b at the very least.

Oscar

2. Re: anybody getting flu vaccine? and others.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2010, 05:18