We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which beach resort next Xmas?

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
729 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Which beach resort next Xmas?

Hello,

Planning WAY ahead, next Xmas we plan to do a couple of nights in Bangkok followed by maybe 9 or 10 nights at a beach resort.

Now, we really liked the look of the Sala Samui Resort in Koh Samui....our main criteria, was amazing the rooms, on a gorgeous quieter beach, and are a few restaurants nearby that we can walk to for dinner. Sala Samui seemed to tick all the boxes.

Thing is I've just seen that Koh Samui is quite rainy in December, so wondered if it's really that bad and would we be better chooser another resort? If so, can anyone recommend somewhere reasonablly priced that ticks our boxes?

Thanks!

Broadbeach...
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which beach resort next Xmas?

Dec. on Samui could bring rain or sunshine or both,I have been at this time of year and had no rain at all.

At this time of year,you just have to take a gamble,no-one knows.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
729 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which beach resort next Xmas?

Thanks for your reply. I don't mind a bit of rain at all, but if it was a possibility of being 'rained in' then maybe we should try another resort. I know it's luck of the draw, but if changing resorts ups our chances of decent weather........is there another you would recommend ? Out of this world beach which isn't overcrowded, close to a few local restaurants, great rooms?

Thanks