We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Bag Asia

island_girl020
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Bag Asia

Hi everyone. We are planning our honeymoon to the far east in January 2011 and have spoken to tour operator called Travel Bag Asia, has anyone used them?

Lanna Kingdom Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Co Van Kessel Bangkok Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours, Night Tours, Cultural Tours, Boat Tours
Follow Me Bike Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bike Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Bag Asia

hi have used travelbag 3 out of the last 4 trips to thailand and have always found them to be very helpful and competitive .they are a totally independent company which is becoming rare in the u.k. today.

norwichblue1

p.s. the only reason we are not using them this year is because they could not supply the hotels we required.

Solihull, West Mids
Level Contributor
844 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Bag Asia

Ditto the above post we always use Travelbag, very reliable, helpful and reasonable. Off again in two weeks time.

England
Level Contributor
96 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Bag Asia

I used them for part of my up coming trip- the flights and hotel in bangkok - they got me a brilliant deal- I had already decided where i wanted to stay in khao lak and they couldn't match it or find a better deal so i did that bit on my own- would not hesitate to recommend them.

France
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Bag Asia

Used Travelbag to book holiday to Thialand. After speaking to salesperson l was a little surprised to discover that internet deal wasn't exactly what l was being offered but decided to go ahead and book anyway. Unfortunatly for me due to troubles in Bangkok my trip had to be changed meaning cancellation of transfers and the first hotel. I had to pay for new transfers and the new hotel but was assured the original payment would be refunded to my credit card. I returned first week of May and despite several emails l am still waiting for the refund. Nobody now wants to speak to me or deal with the refund. I have heard other people advising of the same problem, once they get your money that's it!

Newcastle upon Tyne
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Bag Asia

i rang nearly 4 weeks ago to book my honeymoon for may 2011, i quoted what hotels etc i wanted which was advertised on their website, i left all my details, 1 week passed and i heard nothing so had to ring to see what was going on, apparently they were still waiting to get prices from the hotels..... its been one month, i havent even had a call to keep me in the loop, i think i might have to pay a bit more and go with a more reputable company!!!

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,661 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel Bag Asia

Hi

We used Travel Bag for many years, they are ATOL and ABTA bonded so your money should be safe.

We now book our flights with netflights.com and then shop around for the deal that bests suits us for our hotels (which might not be the cheapest).

Would not hesitate to use travel bag again.

At Marmott66, if you booked your holiday as a 'package' with Travel Bag then they are breaking the rules and you may wish to discuss the matter with ABTA.

@ Ademar, have you priced your honeymoon with other companies - we have always found Travel Bag, Travel Mood, Austravel, Netflights.com, trailfinders to be similarly priced.

Solihull, West Mids
Level Contributor
844 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel Bag Asia

You will see from my earlier post that I used Travel Bag on a regular basis and they were always really helpful. HOWEVER we were one of the many unfortunate families that were stuck in Thailand due to the volcanic ash. I can honestly Travel Bag were useless - they were not interested in getting us back whatsoever. We spent a fortune on phone calls and taxis calling the airline trying to organise a flight home and Travel Bag were of no assistance to us whatsoever - it really disappointed me. I will never ever use them again - unfortunately like most travel companies once they have had your money they are not interested.

8. Re: Travel Bag Asia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2011, 06:16