We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airlines from London - BKK

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
185 reviews
Save Topic
Airlines from London - BKK

Hi

My cousin is thinking of flying to Thailand to meet with me on my upcoming holiday and has asked for my advice on airlines that fly via the two...

I am completely clueless as to what everyone uses... looking for cheap airfares.. have checked Air Asia but they arent that cheap for that time period..

Any help from UK'ers on the forum would be wonderful

Reet x

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
902 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airlines from London - BKK

Run a check through www.kayak.co.uk. This will give you an idea of what the prices are like.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
249 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airlines from London - BKK

I have been looking out for cheap flights from London-BKK for a few months now and the cheapest i have found is around the £500(british pounds) mark. (thats with Singapore air, Catay Pacific and british airways)

My friend however got a flight with Jet Airways for £300 return so you could check them.

At the moment due to the ash cloud i am sure there are deals to be had, as many people will not be booking flights/holidays until its a definate that the planes will be flying.

hope this helps Gemma

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,500 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airlines from London - BKK

Hi,

It's nearly always cheaper to fly indirect, usually via one of the gulf states or as mentioned via India with Jet. Kuwait Airways are usually really cheap, but Etihad, Emirates, Brunei, Royal Jordanian are all worth a look. Sometimes it's also worth looking at flying from a european hub, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Paris etc... although the weakness of Sterling against the Euro makes this less cheap than it once was. Also look at Malaysian via KL especially if your going to Phuket.

Direct flights are operated by Thai Airways, Eva and BA/Quantas, both Eva and Thai can have good offers.

Sites like kayak etc will give a good indication of what's out there as already mentioned above

cheers

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,406 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airlines from London - BKK

Hi

Look at netflights.com

The choices, and Paul has givnen most of them, will depend on her budget.

You don't indicate when you are travelling, and when your coz is leaving the UK.

The direct no stop flights are the easiest, but often the most expensive.

We find the middle eastern airlines, Qatar, Emirates, Etihad, Kuwait, Gulf etc, offer good value. Although your coz will have to transit for a couple of hours, or as many as 8 between flights.

We have also done trips via the other European hubs, or India or even Malaysia.

Lots of choices, but its going to depend on cousins budget and when you are travelling.

Flights ex the UK tend to be expensive what ever the time of year.

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airlines from London - BKK

Thanks everyone for your quick and great replies. She is flying out in July and i think it possibly coincides with your school holidays (17th July departure date) so will forward her the link to this thread and she can do some research!

xx

6. Re: Airlines from London - BKK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2010, 05:17