We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spending money for 2 people for 2 weeks.

Colchester, Essex
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
spending money for 2 people for 2 weeks.

hi,

me and my girlfriend are going to thailand in Feb for 2 weeks, we wanted to get an idea on how much money we should budget on spending..

we are planning on flying into bangkok, staying one night, then flying to phuket the next day and then leaving it open to where we go next before returning to Bangkok 2 weeks later to return home.

basically we want to maybe visit 2 or 3 islands, where it is suggested it is best to go.

we are happy to stay in budget hotels each night and will budget to eating out each day, and going out drinking most nights too.

can anyone suggest how much it will cost for the accommodation, spending money for food and drink for 2 people for 2 weeks.

thanks in advance!

Pattaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
773 posts
1 review
1. Re: spending money for 2 people for 2 weeks.

Southern Thailand is 30% more expensive than the rest of the country,Pattaya is the cheapest, 40baht a beer available,rooms 12 to 20dls a night,plan acccordingly,you get more bang for your buck,here,or whatever currency your using.

London, United...
Level Contributor
228 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: spending money for 2 people for 2 weeks.

Budget double rooms = anything from 300 to 1000 baht (about 46 baht to a pound), depending on area. Check Latestays.com

Meals: streetfood = 30 - 40 baht, restaurants around Khao Sand Rd area 80 - 250 baht

Chang beer 60 to 90 baht, at 7eleven a supermarket literally on every street it cost 44 baht.

Only you can decide how much you need to take. If you two are serious shoppers and seriously into partying and night life you will obviously need more than what a person on a low budget would need. Once your accommodation is paid maybe £1 500 to £2 000? That would give you approximately 69 000 60 92 000 baht.

Don't know if the others would agree with me.

London, United...
Level Contributor
228 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: spending money for 2 people for 2 weeks.

Was too late to edit!

I meant all together maybe 69 000 to 92 000 baht.

Edited: 08 December 2010, 22:40
Swansea, Wales
Level Contributor
367 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: spending money for 2 people for 2 weeks.

last year my husband and I went for 18 nights. not including our flights either from london-bkk or internal flights to chiang mai, phuket and bangkok, our total spend was £1300 including all hotels, meals and spending money. stayed in Bel aire princess in Bangkok, centara duangtawan in chiang mai and orchid resort khao lak. used agoda for belaire, booked directly with centara and orchid resort. hope this helps.

prices in phuket will be much higher than khao lak, especially taxi/tuktuk. orchid charges 50B each person for shuttle into town. transport in CM is about 20B each to go anywhere in the city!

have a great time, and cruise latestays. travel republic and firms like trailfinders for some ideas on price and offers, trailfinders for instance has the belaire for- pay for 2 stay 3 nights even in high season- similar offers in other destinations. we are also going for 2 weeks on 3 feb and can't wait.

Colchester, Essex
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: spending money for 2 people for 2 weeks.

thanks for the reply,

we arent bothered about Phuket too much really, where would you suggest visiting?

We just want to experience Thailand, and are totally flexiable, and yeah we'd rather get more for our money and not just head to tourist traps

thanks

Pattaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
773 posts
1 review
6. Re: spending money for 2 people for 2 weeks.

Eastern Thailand ,my friends,Pattaya to Koh Chang Island,even to the Cambodian border,beautiful beaches also,Weather rained once in 3 weeks,i bet the Koh Samui crowd,did their homework.Now your thinking, intelligently and economically.Need advice,please ask.Cheers

ps,at least you won't be stressed about finances.

Edited: 09 December 2010, 10:03
Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
311 reviews
7. Re: spending money for 2 people for 2 weeks.

Have a look through my blogs for some ideas... I have backpacked around Thailand on a backpacker/midrange budget... I would also suggest you do Bangkok , Chiang Mai and maybe Ko Phangan/Ko Samui... Phuket is WAY more expensive than the rest of the country...

You can do the overnight train between Bangkok and CM and also Bangkok and the Islands I mentioned.. Keep an eye on Air Asia for flight specials

www.travelblog.org/bloggers/reet

Reet

8. Re: spending money for 2 people for 2 weeks.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2011, 06:17