We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review of 'Thailand Travel Plan'

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Review of 'Thailand Travel Plan'

Hi,

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Thailand and have been impressed by a company 'Thailand Travel Plan'. They have a comprehensive website with lots of useful info and positive feedback (of course they only publish the positive feedback!)

Has anyone dealt with this company before? Were they organised? Good value for money? Any similar companies we should also consider?

Any feedback whether its positive or negative would be much appreciated.

Best,

Dave & Jess

Mentioned in this post
London
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Review of 'Thailand Travel Plan'

I too am looking for this info, planning a trip in March/April.

We were impressed to start with but recently less so. International flights quoted went up significantly just before we said we wanted to pay (£560 to £627), we booked the same flight elsewhere in the end for £522pp.

Also, they failed to point out that there was no way that the travel plan they had prepared would allow us to make our internal flight from Phuket to Bangkok (it was leaving at 6.50am and we were staying the night before on another island!). Thankfully we noticed this after looking up the flight schedules and working out what time the flight they booked for us would leave (as our travel plan didn't mention the time).

That said, they seem friendly and the modules (we are alooking at secret islands and snorkelling lagoons) do look fantastic. I wouldn't have known that Ko Yao Yai even existed if it wasn't for them!

It would be great to hear from anyone who has used them.

Mentioned in this post
March Hotel
March Hotel
107 Reviews
Pattaya, Thailand
April Suites
April Suites
280 Reviews
Bang Lamung, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Ko Yao Yai
Ko Yao Yai
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Manchester, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Review of 'Thailand Travel Plan'

I have requested a quote for a travel plan from them in April - hoping to go from Bangkok to Kachanaburi to Ayutthaya then down south to Ko Raya and Ko Lanta. It turned out a little more expensive than I thought so I have asked them to cut out a couple of things and have also asked for a breakdown of all the costs for accommodation, transport etc.

International flights that they quoted were definitely more expensive than the ones that I have found (although have not booked yet.) What I would really like to know is whether it will be cheaper to arrange everything ourselves. I guess the added bonus of having them prepare the travel plan for you is that you don't get the headache of searching and comparing hundreds of hotels.

Mentioned in this post
April Suites
April Suites
280 Reviews
Bang Lamung, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Ayutthaya
Ayutthaya
Ayutthaya Province, Thailand
Raya Resort Cha-Am
Raya Resort Cha-Am
37 Reviews
Cha-am, Thailand
Ko Lanta
Ko Lanta
Krabi Province, Thailand
London
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Review of 'Thailand Travel Plan'

We asked for a breakdown too but they said it was a package so they couldn't/wouldn't give us one. We have decided it is much cheaper to book yourselves but only worth it if you can find the same sort of things they include in their modules. We are trying to replicate one of things we were going to do with them and I think we will be able to do it for about half the price, but its the time it takes to research everything that booking with them takes away. We will probably still use them for one module though.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Review of 'Thailand Travel Plan'

I too have been speaking with them and have been impressed so far. They are on my short list, but was hoping to get some feedback from past customers too. I'm looking to travel with my daughter in April. Hazel was very friendly and knowledgable and answered all my questions, but I'm hesitant about so many different stages and ensuring all goes to plan.

Mentioned in this post
April Suites
April Suites
280 Reviews
Bang Lamung, Thailand
Manchester, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Review of 'Thailand Travel Plan'

I just thought I would give a quick update. After researching Thailand myself and trying to find similar modules, I have found that it is definitely cheaper to do it yourself. However, this is a well deserved 2 week holiday for me and my partner and so I don't want the hassle of doing all the research myself and the uncertainty of whether my booking made here has gone through or trying to find somewhere whilst out there. This is only because our time is short - if we were going for longer I would book it all myself.

I also had a slightly heated discussion with one of the guys at TTP (who to his credit was perfectly nice and polite to me throughout) about their prices and why so high. Going through this company, you are basically paying for the middle man. On the plus side, pretty much everything is organised for you which is great and ABTA/ATOL protected and there are some journeys they can organise which would be very difficult to do yourself. Just double check timing so you don't miss flights etc.

If anyone is still interested, I will post again after my holiday in April!

Mentioned in this post
April Suites
April Suites
280 Reviews
Bang Lamung, Thailand
Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Review of 'Thailand Travel Plan'

Hey Friends,

I went through the same questions and finally decide to do everyhing on my own. I know it can be tough but atleast you get mental peace.

Jusyt give a try use booking.com, agoda.com and hotel web site to select a hotel at the best price.

Use Kayak.com to find the best flight deal.

Finally with Thailand use bangkokairways or air asia for best deals.

You amy end up paying slight higher (which i doubt) but all your choices will be based on your own preferences.

Let me know if i can be of help, i did a lot or reasearch for booking my trip with my SO in March. If you are staying either at pattaya or phuket i can share my research papers :) with you.

Regards,

Brad

Mentioned in this post
Krabi Kayak
Krabi Kayak
94 Reviews
Ao Nang, Thailand
March Hotel
March Hotel
107 Reviews
Pattaya, Thailand
Preston, United...
Level Contributor
484 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Review of 'Thailand Travel Plan'

I've found it's generally better to book things myself. We've booked a package trip this time for when we go in feb and it initially seemed like a great deal, although after thinking about it we prob could have done it cheaper ourselves, but we learn and am sure will still enjoy the hol. I got quoted a stupid amount by one travel agent last year for Phuket and Bangkok, booked everything ourselves and it came in so much cheaper!

Although I do love the research part, it is a bit sad but I do have many spreadsheets from researching all my holidays! I'd happily reserach anyones hols for them if they don't want to :o)

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
London
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Review of 'Thailand Travel Plan'

Thanks for your replies guys. We still haven't decided what to do. We're planning a wedding at the moment so the idea of more planning gives me a headache. But at the same time money is tight so I think that might be the way to go!

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Review of 'Thailand Travel Plan'

Latest news from me.

We've booked our trip. The flights at the time (Thai Airways) were the cheapest anywhere but all were going up daily but luckily I had these on hold. Could have been about £50 cheaper if I'd moved faster.

The modules sound great. I wouldn't have the time or patience to get all the details sorted and felt assured by having a contact and guide for part of the trip. We're staying in Bangkok, off to the River Kwai, into the rainforest then off to a couple of islands before heading home.

Hazel at TTP has had endless patience. Were off 4.4.11 and will feedback on our return.

Good luck all!

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
River Kwai
River Kwai
1,351 Reviews
Kanchanaburi, Thailand
Manchester, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Review of 'Thailand Travel Plan'

I look forward to hearing from you about your trip as we'll be off a few weeks after you (once I finally get on and book it!)

Have a great time!