We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 weeks in Thailand/Malaysia

england
Level Contributor
270 posts
Save Topic
3 weeks in Thailand/Malaysia

I'm just about to book flights for a 3 week trip this summer to Thailand. Flying into Bangkok and out of Kuala Lumpa.

Would appreciate any thoughts on my rough plan before I book any flights...

Day 1 - arrive Bangkok in evening

Day 2-3 - Bangkok (then overnight train to Chaing Mai)

Day 4-7 Chaing Mai - explore, elephant sanctuary & cooking course (then overnight train to Pak Chong)

Day 8-10 Khao Sok National Park (then train to Bangkok & overnight train to Surit Thani)

Day 11-12 - Khao Yai National Park

Day 13 - Travel to Koh Samui

Day 14-18 Koh Samui

Day 19 - Flight to Kuala Lumpa (& overnight train to Singapore)

Day 20-21 Singapore (& overnight train to Kuala Lumpa)

Day 22 - Kuala Lumpa

Day 23 - Flight Home

Ideally we'd fly back from Singapore but flights are far more expensive if we do this.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 weeks in Thailand/Malaysia

Day 7 & 8 - You'll need to take the train to Bangkok, and change for the train to Pakchong, which is close to Khao Yai (east of Bangkok), while Khao Sok is in Surat Thani, the same province as Samui. As for using the trains, thats OK but its slow and time consuming. Often the budget airlines are very cheap.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,135 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 weeks in Thailand/Malaysia

seems a shame to have to double back to K.L....

have you looked at AirAsiaX flights ?- cheap and efficient .

K.L. city is an hours drive from the airport so you will be spending a lot of time in taxis :-(

england
Level Contributor
270 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 weeks in Thailand/Malaysia

Had a look at Air Asia but they don't seem to fly from Koh Samui to Singapore. WIll keep looking for other options.

As for other internal flights we'd prefer to get the train - my wife isn't a huge fan of flying so train a better option for us.

4. Re: 3 weeks in Thailand/Malaysia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2011, 06:24